Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vancouver

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to Vancouver soon for a couple of weeks with family, just wondering what kind of things I should definitely be looking to do/see while I'm there?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chinatown is great and I like the interesting contrast between the touristy, gentrified Gastown and the Downtown Eastside right next door (which is North America's worst urban slum- not dangerous, just very, very sad).

Downtown Eastside apart, the rest of downtown Vancouver is nice, you should walk around Stanley Park, go to Granville Island market, possibly Kitsilano, take the Seabus over to North Vancouver to go up Grouse Mountain and visit one of the Suspension Bridges (NB: Lynn Canyon is free and much less crowded than Capilano). Horseshoe Bay is really beautiful too.

Really though, while Vancouver is surely a great place to live, it's not exactly full of incredible tourist attractions. It's more a place to enjoy the lifestyle and the beautiful views of the mountains and sea, relax in the parks etc. Downtown is actually quite ugly in terms of architecture. If you like cheap and authentic Chinese, Japanese and Korean food then you'll love Vancouver.

Try and go over to Victoria on the seaplane if you can- it's a nice city for a stroll and the views on the trip over are beautiful. If you take the bus/ferry it's about 3 hours each way. Good whalewatching there (killer whales).
    • 12 followers

I am flying out to Vancouver on a working visa tomorrow, cannot wait. I have been there before for a holiday and it is just an amazing place.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Vancouver is beautiful - amazing contrast between high rise skyscrapers and forest, sea and mountains right next door.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go out whalewatching, the wildlife is incredible: tons of seals and sea lions and orcas etc. I would definitely consider going to Victoria too, it's a relatively short ferry ride from Vancouver, and it's a completely different city, probably the best example of a Colonial British city in the world.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.