Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can i provide to the poor?

Announcements Posted on
Need last minute Christmas gift ideas? Come and visit Santa's grotto! 17-12-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Maybe they have friends and family overseas? They seem to be ok with the idea of used condoms? so when do we start? :cool:
    I'm not convinced. I feel a moral obligation to give them unused condoms. It seems the least you can do for these poor people.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I'm not convinced. I feel a moral obligation to give them unused condoms. It seems the least you can do for these poor people.
    Ok fair enough. I guess i will have to give them unused ones, but its probably best to test a few out first to make sure their okay?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough. I guess i will have to give them unused ones, but its probably best to test a few out first to make sure their okay?
    not much point. just because the first two don't have holes in them doesn't mean the third one doesn't. Condoms are very individual like that. Just give the poor people the condoms, they need them!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    not much point. just because the first two don't have holes in them doesn't mean the third one doesn't. Condoms are very individual like that. Just give the poor people the condoms, they need them!
    I can take a mean sample. Like out of 10,000 we can use every 100th one or so? That should give us some type of idea. Its best to be safe than sorry.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can take a mean sample. Like out of 10,000 we can use every 100th one or so? That should give us some type of idea. Its best to be safe than sorry.
    nah coz then you're using condoms that those people could have. they need as many as they can get.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    nah coz then you're using condoms that those people could have. they need as many as they can get.
    I will happily replace the ones we use to ensure the consistency of the bunch.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will happily replace the ones we use to ensure the consistency of the bunch.
    but then how would you know that the new ones might not be defective?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    but then how would you know that the new ones might not be defective?
    i will buy them from the first batch. So i have a mean idea.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    i will buy them from the first batch. So i have a mean idea.
    but then you're replenishing stock from the stock you were already going to give to the poor people

it's like having 5 apples, eating two of them, and then removing another 2 and then putting them back again. So you're left with 3. Whereas if you had just not eaten the apples in the first place, you'd still have 5 apples.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    but then you're replenishing stock from the stock you were already going to give to the poor people

it's like having 5 apples, eating two of them, and then removing another 2 and then putting them back again. So you're left with 3. Whereas if you had just not eaten the apples in the first place, you'd still have 5 apples.
    But i need to test the apples are ok to give! I have some leftover condoms which are still valid until 2013
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    But i need to test the apples are ok to give! I have some leftover condoms which are still valid until 2013
    it seems the condoms are leaving you in a quandary. Perhaps you should give the poor people chocolate instead.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    it seems the condoms are leaving you in a quandary. Perhaps you should give the poor people chocolate instead.
    only if you try it first
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    only if you try it first
    I'm not going to deprive poor people of chocolate!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to deprive poor people of chocolate!
    Well i guess we don't agree on chocolate or condoms.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well i guess we don't agree on chocolate or condoms.
    I agree poor people could do with them. If I want chocolate or condoms though I'll just nip to tesco.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeds/bulbs and farming tools/materials.

In some places books and uniforms are needed for the kids to go to school.

Bikes.

Mosquito nets.

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went on an expedition to Nepal in 2010 and whilst I was there I helped renovate a local school. I took books, pens, pencils + sharpeners, erasers, paper, stickers, etc, and the children were really grateful for them. I also took some drawings that my family and friends did and the children put them on the walls at the school to brighten up the classrooms. Take as much as you can possibly carry as everything is very much appreciated.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.