The Student Room Group

Currys interview - Bit Confused?

Hey guys,
Basically I applied for currys a few weeks ago. Luckily today I had a phone call which they asked me a few questions and they asked me a few questions i.e. what you studying, name your favourite brand etc

They then told me I had an interview which is an hour and 45 minutes. It will consist of role play i.e. being sales associate which i can do. but also a five minute to impress section.

I am completely confused on what to do in 5 minute to impress section. The women said i can dance or sing which I cant. I mainly make youtube videos and build pc's but i cant really show that in 5 minutes.

Can someone help?
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation.

The 5 minutes to impress scenario I feel ok with, but it's a way of using it effectively to get my personality across well enough.

With the role play one, though, I'm curious how to go about it... Do I say "hello, what are you looking for today?" at the start or just go straight in for the product that I've been told I have to bring along to the interview as a prop?
Reply 2
I'm also wondering how those two activities and a one-on-one question session is going to take an hour and 45 mins.. heheh. But I'm nervously looking forward to the interview :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah im wondering what was the best way of getting my personality across. For the role play ive been watching one of the currys training video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL2g-N-CRC8
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Mine's Tuesday, but not in Birmingham Shirley, haha.

How did you interview go? :smile:
Did it last the predicted hour and 45 mins?
Reply 5
I have the induction for this job at the same hotel as the interviews were, are you going to be there?! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hey Tom i had my interview in this hotel 2 weeks ago. They told me that they will contact me in 2 weeks if I get the job or not. You've already had the interview? and got the job. When did you get the email of the induction? I am really doubting if i got the job because you've already got your induction however my interview and role play went really well but i havent had any confirmation as of yet. Congrats on getting an induction
Reply 7
Blimey! My interview for Currys was a fifteen minute chat with the duty manager - albeit three years ago! I guess a lot has changed...
Reply 8
Yep alot has changed. we had two parts to the process. first was a general interview so they asked about you and what you like doing in your spare time etc and generally know the character you are. then we had a role play in which you try to tell customer about a product using a fake store imagined and they walk up to you and ask you about a certain product.
Reply 9
Original post by ewen1605
Blimey! My interview for Currys was a fifteen minute chat with the duty manager - albeit three years ago! I guess a lot has changed...

Same. It was well easy, and at the end of the interview i was asked when i could start :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Dance or sing? Sounds like a cruel initiation prank the employees play :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Haha that carried on throughout the induction! We had two dance offs and about 4 role plays and made an advert! I don't know if there is another induction day but if there is it'll be this week because training starts next week, GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply