The Student Room Group

My new HTC Desire C wont charge/turn on...

Hi there,

I just got a new HTC Desire C online from Carphone Warehouse and I basically charged it for a full 24 hours and I have tried turning it on but it just wont turn on. Also, I cant really tell if its charging because there is no light in the phone to indicate whether it is charging or not. All help is appreciated. :frown:
Check battery? Take out and put back in?
You have to replace your HTC Desire C and get the new one and got the Htc Desire C Cases.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
my phone won't turn on either :'( the charging light is on though. i''m so confused!
Reply 4
it works! i just took out the battery and put it back in. now i'm deleting a lot of my apps because i have too much.
Reply 5
Stupid question but did you take out the plastic from underneath the battery?

Anyone know of a good screen protector for the same phone?
Reply 6
Original post by alexs2602
Stupid question but did you take out the plastic from underneath the battery?

Anyone know of a good screen protector for the same phone?

not sure about the first question. got my phone 8 months ago but you can get good screen protectors off amazon or ebay :smile:
Reply 7
HAHA Alex I didnt take the plastic beneath the battery. Stupid I know. I was too excited and I charged without taking the plastic out.

Thanks for your replies guys.
Reply 8
my htc is doing the same everytime i try to put it on it shows that it is charging but it dosent go on and i have took the battery out and in again but it still dosent go on?:confused:
Reply 9
First go into google and type in HTC Desire C. Next choose website Virginmobile.com The instructions are crystal clear and laid out step by step in a booklet with clear diagrams. The reason why your phone doesn't charge is because you have to open the back of the phone, remove the plastic that covers the battery, replace the battery and charge. Hey Presto!! It starts to charge. If you have any other problems follow this booklet. :smile:
what plastic are they talking about :frown:
Reply 11
What do you do if no light turns on and power button don't turn phone on I've had it for about 6months from car phone warehouse just wondering what to do
Original post by lacimae
What do you do if no light turns on and power button don't turn phone on I've had it for about 6months from car phone warehouse just wondering what to do

Try holding Power + Volume Up + Volume Down for 10 seconds. If that doesn't reboot it, it's either got a very dead battery or is pretty goosed.

Quick Reply

Latest