Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 Santander German Grand Prix

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    No thread for German GP?

Laps: 67
    Lap distance: 2.842 miles
    DRS: From exit of Einfahrt Parabolika to the braking zone of Spitzkehre.

Friday
    Practice 1 - 9:00am BST
    Practice 2 - 1:00pm BST

Saturday
    Practice 3 - 10:00am BST
    Qualifying - 1:00pm BST

Sunday
    Race - 1:00pm BST

Formula 1 last visited Hockenheim in 2010, which was the centre of the team orders scandal after Massa was forced to slow for Alonso to let his teammate win the race. Last year, Formula 1 visited the Nürburgring due to its agreement with Hockenheim to race-share. Lewis Hamilton won the race, capitalising on Vettel's struggle with overtaking to cut the German's championship lead from Mark Webber to 77 points. Vettel has struggled with home races, and has never won his home Grand Prix - his best result being at the Nürburgring in 2009 with a second place behind his teammate, but can he capitalise on his team's new-found speed? Can McLaren use their new developments to their advantage? Can Alonso continue his own turn of speed to win for a third time in Germany? And can Lotus finally break their own duck in 2012?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Everyone cracking one out over Mclaren upgrades.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping the upgrades will help lewis to mount a challenge for the wdc, he's capable of spicing things up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lotus have formed a human sheild as they take DDRS off kimis car. Made me laugh a little!!

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Remembered that it's the Sky weekend pass! First thing I did was turn on the TV and put it on Sky F1 and it hasn't changed since!!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sadly this is the first race this year I'm gna miss live, going camping for the weekend!

I have informed my family that when I return on Sunday evening, I'm ordering a Chinese and watching the race on Sky+ regardless of their previous plans.

This clashes with my dads plan to return and watch his recording of the last leg of the Tour De France. Oops.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.formula1.com/wi/sutton/2012/d12ger449.jpg
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Remembered that it's the Sky weekend pass! First thing I did was turn on the TV and put it on Sky F1 and it hasn't changed since!!
    Enjoying sky coverage??
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Enjoying sky coverage??
    It's nice to not have Jake flapping that iPad around!! But F1 is F1 as far as I'm concerned, the coverage seems decent so far!! Still prefer The Chain though, Alistair Griffin just doesn't do it for me!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to not have Jake flapping that iPad around!! But F1 is F1 as far as I'm concerned, the coverage seems decent so far!! Still prefer The Chain though, Alistair Griffin just doesn't do it for me!
    Yeah I agree, more often than not this year, I have woken up 5 mins before coverage starts. The Chain is the perfect music to wake up and get into the race. Just Drive makes me feel sleepy again!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was enjoying the coverage until they decided to put adverts in the middle of practice! WTF? :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You are both fools!!! Just drive is brilliant
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was enjoying the coverage until they decided to put adverts in the middle of practice! WTF? :eek:
    It happened this morning. Its happened all season. No biggy. Atleast its live

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It happened this morning. Its happened all season. No biggy. Atleast its live

So, Sky always bang on about how it's uninterrupted coverage of F1! No need to take a swipe at BBC with that.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are both fools!!! Just drive is brilliant
    It's a decent song, but doesn't hold a candle to The Chain. Just drive doesn't have that high-octane feel, it's more of a song that would fit perfectly with an end of season montage!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So, Sky always bang on about how it's uninterrupted coverage of F1! No need to take a swipe at BBC with that.
    Actually they specify that it's only qualifying and the race that are uninterrupted. ^^

I honesly have no idea who is going to win this weekend. I've learned not to trust practice sessions. Fingers crossed for a Lotus win though.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Negaduck)
    Actually they specify that it's only qualifying and the race that are uninterrupted. ^^

I honesly have no idea who is going to win this weekend. I've learned not to trust practice sessions. Fingers crossed for a Lotus win though.
    I don't have Sky, all I went by was that massive billboard they had taken out near my house!!

Would like to see McLaren or Lotus to win, but both teams really needed it to be dry just so they could see where they staood over the new updates. They will be going into the unknown now with the updates in quali.

Would like to see a Grosjean win soon, but want LH this weekend!!!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rooting on Grosjean and Perez again, but with Grosjean's penalty, it'd gonns happen the hard way. Hopefully we'll get more rain this weekend!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There was too many adverts, that were exactly same
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Want Schumacher to win this one even though im a ferrari Alonso fan , Cmon Silver arrows!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.