Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    Until they introduce gun laws in the US like the rest of the world, I've got to say my sympathy is limited.
    Yeah, we all know how anti-gun laws stopped Brevik's massacre in Norway. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "It was surreal, it was like a movie," eyewitness Hayden Miller told KUSA.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronzevolley)
    Yeah, we all know how anti-gun laws stopped Brevik's massacre in Norway. :rolleyes:
    And Bird's rampage over here.

But yeah, once again I think everyone can agree that political debate can wait.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nugiboy)
    "It was surreal, it was like a movie," eyewitness Hayden Miller told KUSA.
    The shooting or Batman?

RIP to all those killed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    The shooting or Batman?

RIP to all those killed
    Well thats the ironic thing about the quote. It was obviously intended to be a comment on the shooting but It has a very unfortunate alternative interpretation because of the context.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Ace)
    I joke of course
    Might not be a good idea right now...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Suspect was found hiding behind a car' - BBC News

Coward.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Disgraceful, disgusting and cowardly. My thoughts go out to everybody who may even be remotely involved in this horrific scenario :sad:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    FBI have stated the attack had no connection to terrorism, according to sky news
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People can be crazy sometimes. It just makes you wonder where he left his conscience before he committed this act.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts go out to everyone involved. :sad:

Personally I don't believe this was a copy-cat. He appeared to be wearing a gas mask because he was using tear gas and more than likely picked that screening of the film knowing there would be a large amount of people there for him to target. That, and he would get himself a large amount of publicity for it. What a sick and twisted person...
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Disgraceful, disgusting and cowardly. My thoughts go out to everybody who may even be remotely involved in this horrific scenario :sad:
    Likewise, this is really sad news. They just had someone on BBC describing it. Horrible.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Watching the videos.... America is just surreal.

It reminds me a bit about Scream in that murders are linked to movies. Such a strange sight to see people walking out of a cinema covered in blood...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Suspect identified as 24 year old James Holmes.

**EDIT - Named by media, and not by police**
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christ, have you seen that one of the victims was three months old... What the hell?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I just heard that the three month old has been announced dead on 9NEWS. Absolutely awful..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stilo)
    Columbine happened in Ohio.
    It's in Colarado?

"Columbine High School or CHS is a high school in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, United States."
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    I think you've got it spot on. It's clearly a mentally disturbed person who's probably become obsessed with the dark knight films and has convinced himself he is bane. The bulletproof vest, dressed all in black and a gas mask tells you everything in my opinion.

It really is terrible that people had probably been waiting to see this film for ages and were looking forward to a good night out and in the least place they expected they had their lives taken from them.
    :erm: Seriously, that's the conclusion you draw from that?

More likely that he knew that he'd be releasing a gas cansister and didn't want to incapacitate himself, didn't want to be shot dead by the police and didn't want to be seen when he walked in the cinema to do the shooting. I don't think for a second that he's someone obsessed with Batman. 100% more likely that, as Briesandwich said, he knew that the theatre would be packed and that at the time of night they would be a corralled and captive group who couldn't escape.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    When is America going to realise that guns shouldn't be legal? ****ing idiots.
    You act as if there aren't ways to get guns in the UK. I agree, however, it should made extremely difficult to acquire a gun. It's contentious, with the level of mental depravity abound in today's America the second amendment is now more necessary than ever, for protection purposes. However, clearly a cultural, as well as legislative change needs to occur if we're ever going to see a decrease in violent crime, particularly gun crime.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    It's in Colarado?

"Columbine High School or CHS is a high school in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, United States."
    I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of another school shooting. My apologies.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.