The Student Room Group

How do YOU revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Read textbook and take notes repeatedly :smile:
Reply 61
If I revise properly and can retain the information then should my essay's and questions write out themselves? Surley it should be a matter of reading out your notes in your head while you write, should'nt it ???

Also would my writing spped improve as i know what to write in sentence after sentence?

Hope you can help me out guys. :wink:
Reply 62
I normally look for notes in the books I have (textbooks, revision guide) and some notes from te internet. I then condense them into a handy personal revision notes booklet which i take great care to ensure its accuracy. Then 2 months before the exams, i have only this light pack of notes to revise rather than the bulky and diverse textbooks and copybooks. Its also important to revisekey definitions and rephrase difficult sentences into easily understood phrases.
I read and make lots of notes.
read, understand, memorise, learn to analyse concepts and then practice papers. Memory is key to success in exams, and remain motivated.
Reply 65
i try and make notes from the textbooks and revision guides but tend to lose them and just dont revise in the end! ahh need to start doing some work methinks..
I read the book but don't take notes. Instead, I practise many past papers marked by myself according to marking schemes^^
Reply 67
i re-read all books and worksheets then i take notes on flash cards and learn the content :smile:
i'll take notes even if i already have some, it just helps to refresh my memory
I read a topic repeatedlty understand it and try to memorise then I do some past paper questions
Reply 70
I just read my revision guides, what's the point of taking notes if they are already in the revision guide?
Reply 71
I make notes on what I am going to be tested on a month or 2 before the exams. Then I blast some music, go through my notes and try to remember what I have written. Gets me my As and Bs :smile:
My revision consists of reading/copying up my notes, but my notes are really neat and I have two years of notes for each subject copied up word for word without the useless stuff.

I hate doing past papers, I feel as if I am cheating in a way because I'm just memorising answers and my acheivements are not down to pure ability, although I know how pedantic some things can be, so it's necessary. I normally do one or two papers the night before for each subject.
Reply 73
Reading and memorizing the text book, then do past papers :smile:
I revise by just reading my textbook a lot until I think I understand everything on a certain subject and then I stick up post it notes EVERYWHERE around the house asking questions and whenever I see the post it note I answer the question. This is a really fun way to revise because in revision sessions you're literally just running round shouting stuff out :tongue: writing notes has never worked for me
Original post by Zweig
i find that making notes is illogical (for me), since the stuff is already written down and the process of "writing" the notes does not help me to learn it... I could write a whole page of notes and not remember the subject that i'm writing on :redface: :frown:

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I'm the same- why write something down that's already written down and explained for you?!:confused::biggrin:
I usually only take notes for languages-picking out useful sentences from text, and long, long paragraphs that I could shorten (like bible stories in RS). Anybody else like this?
Same here, personally, i just re read the textbook and revision guides hardly ever make notes as I find this pointless and do past papers
After reading through the text book and memorising I do some questions but the best way is teaching my brother because I'm learning and revising while understanding it thoroughly...
Reply 78
What I do and have found very very helpful is to make little revision cue cards and write a question on one side and the answer on the other and either ask yourself or get someone else to ask you the questions then answer it but you should do it everyday so that you can remember it al :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending