The Student Room Group

If death is inevitable, why bother?

Scroll to see replies

TrolleyHolly after you die do you have any plans about what you're gonna pursue. Do you want to embalmed and wrapped in fragrant garment. Or shall we just stick you into a spit and roast peripherals and have a merry feast.
There's nothing else to do, so might as well have fun while it lasts.
Reply 22
As others have said do things which make you happy. Your are correct in the idea that there is no end result so live for now. There may not be a purpose but your alive anyway so you might as well make the most of it.
Reply 23
Original post by MereBeing
Why do we feel compelled to live life like it has a purpose? Okay, death could count as purpose, but why bother adhering to rules and being 'good' if our bodies are just going to rot in the ground?

(I probably sound like an idiot to the philosophers out there but I am intrigued about the responses.)

*cautiously submits thread*

Because it is all we have.
(edited 11 years ago)
Die then.
Hey Dobrzynski why don't you.
Original post by cyfer
Good luck trying to get a nice and intelligent boyfriend.

And what do nice and intelligent boys want in a girl?

(For the record, I'm just playing on the YOLO bandwagon).
Reply 27
To make babies, basically. Enjoy yourself whilst your at it and try to make a good difference in the world. Sorted, call me Aristotle.
Reply 28
Original post by Dobrzynski
Die then.

I will die one day but not on your command. Good try.
Reply 29
Why do we feel compelled to live life like it has a purpose? Okay, death could count as purpose, but why bother adhering to rules and being 'good' if our bodies are just going to rot in the ground?

(I probably sound like an idiot to the philosophers out there but I am intrigued about the responses.)

*cautiously submits thread*

as you indicate, death has a purpose. we should use this life for preparation of the here after.

"Be in this world as a traveler"
Reply 30
I don't really have much else to do. So i may as well just live my life until i die
Reply 31
Original post by ESPORTIVA
With this type of mentality you can live a free and beautiful life, im serious.

Alternatively, he could end up in prison... unless he's smart :wink:
Reply 32
Original post by im so academic
And what do nice and intelligent boys want in a girl?

(For the record, I'm just playing on the YOLO bandwagon).

A solid state of mind.

Then again,

I wouldn't know.
Why don't you make a spiritual journey across the fortitude that is UK's stable diet, McDonald. Head across the Ocean and discover this perplexing world of insatiable burgers and it's appetizing condiments and surely you will discover the enlightening that is nature bounty, McDonalds'.
I like life. Life is good.
Reply 35
Original post by Rasputina
Alternatively, he could end up in prison... unless he's smart :wink:

I am female and I don't plan on turning to crime in the near future...I am however leaving the rest of my future open to whatever happens :biggrin:

I do have to reiterate that this is not really my attitude to life; the question just popped into my mind so I thought I'd find out people's opinions on it.
Reply 36
Original post by harekrishna
Why don't you make a spiritual journey across the fortitude that is UK's stable diet, McDonald. Head across the Ocean and discover this perplexing world of insatiable burgers and it's appetizing condiments and surely you will discover the enlightening that is nature bounty, McDonalds'.

I prefer KFC, sorry.
I've noticed all the answers relating to Religion get negged. People are allowed to have their own philosophies! Live and let live!
I prefer KFC, sorry.

Does there happen to be a Popeyes down in the UK.
eat food. It tastes good, you can't deny that. Stop trying to create an image where we are just living entities who eventually disappear, we can feel excellent, proven by food and sex!

Quick Reply