The Student Room Group

If death is inevitable, why bother?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
its easier I suppose. society and our own indoctrinated ethics make it more trouble than it is worth to do bad things. I could go out and murder somebody tomorrow and it would make no difference in the end, but I would be punished by society and due to my own upbringing I don't want to do it, so what is the point? morality may just be an irrational human concept, but like many others it does make life more interesting
Reply 141
Nothing better than a barrage of nihilistic angst with a pinch of post-modernism before bed!
Reply 142
HubbleDeepField.jpg

See above. My solution to nihilism was just to study physics and learn about how amazing & beautiful my pointlessness is.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 143
How else are you going to kill time?
Life is a bonus from the inevitable death.
What's the alternative? Sit down in silence for 80 odd years? Why wouldn't you want to experience every possible human experience possible and at least try to have a good time?
why bother? because we don't live to die, we live to live.
I honestly dont know...
Reply 148
Original post by MereBeing
Why do we feel compelled to live life like it has a purpose? Okay, death could count as purpose, but why bother adhering to rules and being 'good' if our bodies are just going to rot in the ground?

(I probably sound like an idiot to the philosophers out there but I am intrigued about the responses.)

*cautiously submits thread*

If you are here to reply with the fact that I am being pessimistic, etc...don't worry, you don't have to waste a post as a few already have done it.

I purely created this thread because I was curious about people's attitudes towards life, not because I feel that there is no point to life or to bring anyone down.

Stop being such a grumpy C unt and live you're life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending