The Student Room Group

Job interview at zara

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ...mo...
just wondering how do the guys dress up?

Smart in a suit and tie
Casual in chinos
inbetween with dark jeans and a coloured top

wondering what do the males where at teh interview

As a general rule just wear trousers, shirt and shoes.
Reply 21
Zara group interview

Note: have you reference details with you as you will have to fill them in.

Once called in there was about 20 of us, we went into a room and sat in a semi circle with a HR recruiter at the front.

There was another recruitment assistant in the back taking notes of the applicants.

First 10-15 min was about watching a film about the company and Zara.

Notes: take pen and paper with you and make notes!!
Once the film finished the recruiter asks you questions about what you have watched. Make sure you answer or speak at least 2 xs to show you have taken in what was showed and put your hands up.

Then we were given a scene as the whole team. "a posh customer comes into Massimo with a small dog and asked you to hold the dog while she looks around" now remember there is no right or wrong answer to this but you much give a full answer to your reason on if you would hold the dog or not.

Once that was done we were put into groups of 4 and set a dement ration task. "A celeb walks into a store with coffee spilt over their out fit and we have to put them into a full outfit. Who is the celeb were they going and what are they wearing?"

My group choose rihanna as she is in the press allot theses days and we choose a press conference for her film battle ship.

We have decided as it is spring/summer and press conference is a professional occasion we would put her in a blue pastel colour pencil dress with a deep v line neck. This is to show her youthfull-ness yet fresh colours and the dress is formal but not to formal as it can be made to look a little dressed down.

As for shoes we have decided to put her in nude strappy shoes with a matching clutch bag. As for jewellery/accessories gold bold few pieces on there hand and around her neck.

Once the group interview was done we were asked one by one what hours we can do and our preferred location to work.

Then they said if we are successful then we will receive a call back.

I got a call back after 1 hour!!!! It is important that you answer as if you don’t they will wait an hour before offering the position to someone else.

I got offered the one-to-one interview which was the last step in getting the job but unfortunately I had turn it down as they offered me full time and I was unable to do that. :frown:
So I hope the above helps someone else in getting a job with ZARA :smile:

The group interview I took for Urban Outfitters was okay. It felt a like a normal interview but less personal. The interviewee simply went down the line when asking questions like where do you shop, what would you say your style is, why do you want to work here, what does customer service mean to you, and what makes a good shopping experience, etc. So dont worry too much, I'm sure you'll do great :P
What do you know about zara?

If I called your former boss, what he would say about you
What is good customer service?

What would you do if customer complains?

What would you do if co-worker is rude to customers?

What will you do if customer wants to return the product for a refund
Why would you be a good candidate for Zara?

Describe one strength and one weakness.
In terms of questions:
Know how many stores they have in your area, know about their history, know what seasons they have / whats in their shop, who is their target customer, why YOU like to work there, what makes you a 'Zara Person' aka: trendy etc, but obviously think of more details.
The latest trends, consistent high quality, and affordable prices - this is the fashion formula that Zara has brought to dozens of countries around the world. And its continuous updating of its designs makes Zara a true point of reference for anyone interested in fashion.
Zara moves at the pace of society, fashion ideas, and trends that society itself has natured. Hence its success among people, cultures and generations that, in spite of their differences, share a special sensitivity for fashion.
Zara is part of the Inditex group, one of the largest fashion retail groups worldwide. Inditex has seven other retail chains: Kiddy's Class, Pull and Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho and Zara Home.
At Zara stores the products are the focal point; spaces designed to show off the collections, where the latest arrivals always take pride of place, bringing fashion closer to the customer.

Information about Zara:
It is the flagship chain store of the Inditex group; the fashion group also owns brands such as Massimo Dutti, Pull and Bear, Oysho, Uterqüe, Stradivarius and Bershka.
Zara (Spanish: [ˈθaɾa]) is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer founded in 1975.
It is claimed that Zara needs just two weeks[1] to develop a new product and get it to stores, compared to the six-month industry average, and launches around 10,000 new designs each year. Zara has resisted the industry-wide trend towards transferring fast fashionproduction to low-cost countries. Perhaps its most unusual strategy was its policy of zero advertising; the company preferred to invest a percentage of revenues in opening new stores instead. This has increased the idea of Zara as a "fashion imitator" company and low cost products. Lack of advertisement is also in contrast to direct competitors such as Uniqlo and United Colors of Benetton.
Revenue €7.071 billion (2009)

There are a total of 1659 Zara stores
United Kingdom 66 stores
As of 2007 Zara stores have men's clothing and women's clothing, each of these subdivided in Lower Garment, Upper Garment, Shoes, Cosmetics and Complements, as well as children's clothing (Zara Kids). Currently their sizing on women's clothing goes to a US size 12 or a UK size 14 or extra large.[5]
US$46.6 billion (2012)[1] - Amancio Ortega co founder of inditex group world’s 3rd richest man, richest man in spain and Europe.
Reply 22
Original post by Zorg
As a general rule just wear trousers, shirt and shoes.

Was anyone in a suit.
Reply 23
Original post by ...mo...
Was anyone in a suit.

I didn't go. However I have been to job interviews and it isn't uncommon to see some in a suit. For lower/entry roles anyway.

You can't really go wrong with a decent pair of trousers, nice shirt and black shoes. If you want stick a tie on. Just do not go in any form of casual. Smart or otherwise.
Reply 24
Had my interview with inditex on the 20th. They emailed me last week saying they will call me if they re interested in my CV. dunno if they will call me at all for a store interview :frown:
smart casual is ok, just be confident!
Reply 26
Original post by trinaestella

Hi @ trinaestella Did uh manage to get the job at zara ?
because i have a group interview with them this week
was wandering if any one can tell me what they might ask me etc

please help really need the job
Reply 27
Hi I was called for a phone interview on Monday. Went to a group interview on Tuesday. Told I was successful on Friday. Went to a one to one interview Saturday. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact you if you got the job.

Ps the group interview is very easy just show you have good personality and knowledge of the brand,!!! Speak up and don't be quiet or shy. Wear smart casual clothing, :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Swindon
I've had one before, is this you first 'interview' for Inditex?
If so, relax. It's not really an interview as such, it's just an assessment process where you would be invited to the head office along with 20+ other applicants. You will sit in a larger room, watch a video about the company for about 20 minutes, they will ask you questions but to be honest don't bother answering because they won't remember your name or face. Then they will ask you to fill out an application form, hand in your CV and ask you how much retail experience you have and tell you they will be in contact with you within a week for an actual group interview.

If you pass this 'selection process' then you will be asked to come in for a group interview with about 15 other people. This is what happened in my interview but yours may differ. The interview asked us to sit in a circle introduce ourselves to the rest of the groups, then afterwards we were put into teams and given a task to design an outfit for a celebrity going to an event of our choice. The interviewer told us to use our knowledge of current trend, Zara clothing and basic celebrity fashion awareness.

P.S. If you interview is in the Regent's Street head office, be aware it looks very flashing, white walls, bright lights modelling agency type venue. Just don't let that put you off or get you nervous because I didn't know what to expect and I was star-strucked when I walked through the door.

and good luck!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Heyy, I'm going to the selection process tomorrow at Regent street. Just wondering if black jeans, blouse and blazer are ok or should I defo wear trousers
:colondollar:
Reply 29
[QUOTE="Sorayah;41543656"]Heyy, I'm going to the selection process tomorrow at Regent street. Just wondering if black jeans, blouse and blazer are ok or should I defo wear trousers
:colondollar:[/QUOTE

Heard back from zara yet??
Reply 30
[QUOTE="Raheel_s;41623211"]
Original post by Sorayah
Heyy, I'm going to the selection process tomorrow at Regent street. Just wondering if black jeans, blouse and blazer are ok or should I defo wear trousers
:colondollar:[/QUOTE

Heard back from zara yet??

No not yet, meanwhile I got called for Mcdonalds and got the job.. They're much quicker.. And you ?
Reply 31
Hi, I am having my interview on Monday @ Zara , very nervous this is my first interview
what should I wear ? And I am so nervous about my English speaking
please help me out
Original post by lzrswrd
basically, there was a group of 15 people and you go to the place, they ask you for a photocopy of your id and the original and they double check it and stuff. Then you go into the room which is classroom size with chairs arranged in a horse shoe shape. The interviewer stands in the middle and you get given forms to fill in to choose when you want to work, what stores you're avaliable for etc. Then they collect these forms, your cv and a the copy of your id.

Then the actual interview beings. It starts off with them asking you what you know about zara/indetix - so just stick your hand up and give them some general facts and figures (i can send some notes i made on the company if you want, just pm me). Then you will watch a short video on indetix and then the interviewer will ask for feedback and just basically ask more questions about zara/indetix, so it's good to know as much as possible about them (the interview is more about indetix than zara tbh).

After that, the interviewer gave us scenarios such as "a customer has asked you for opinion on a dress she looks awful in but she thinks she looks amazing." what would you tell her etc. No right or wrong answer imo but good to back up your answer with a good reason. Then she asked that the same said customer came back the next day with the ripped dress as it had been too small for her. The customer is livid and wants a full refund, how would you deal with this customer? Those kind of questions.

Some other people have mentioned they were put in small groups and asked to come into design an outfit for a celebrity etc.

Also at the interview, a big emphasis is put on what is on trend for this summer, what's in for next autumn/winter so make sure to do good research on trends/designers etc.

And yeah that's about it, my advice is just to try and say as much as possible, just have your hand up at all times but not come across as annoying if that's possible.

If you want any more advice or some notes i made on zara, just pm me.

Good luck!

hey please can i have your notes or can anyone help me pleaseeee
Reply 33
Original post by LZRSWRD
Basically, there was a group of 15 people and you go to the place, they ask you for a photocopy of your ID and the original and they double check it and stuff. Then you go into the room which is classroom size with chairs arranged in a horse shoe shape. The interviewer stands in the middle and you get given forms to fill in to choose when you want to work, what stores you're avaliable for etc. Then they collect these forms, your CV and a the copy of your ID.

Then the actual interview beings. It starts off with them asking you what you know about Zara/Indetix - so just stick your hand up and give them some general facts and figures (I can send some notes I made on the company if you want, just PM me). Then you will watch a short video on Indetix and then the interviewer will ask for feedback and just basically ask more questions about Zara/Indetix, so it's good to know as much as possible about them (the interview is more about Indetix than Zara TBH).

After that, the interviewer gave us scenarios such as "A customer has asked you for opinion on a dress she looks awful in but she thinks she looks amazing." What would you tell her etc. No right or wrong answer IMO but good to back up your answer with a good reason. Then she asked that the same said customer came back the next day with the ripped dress as it had been too small for her. The customer is livid and wants a full refund, how would you deal with this customer? Those kind of questions.

Some other people have mentioned they were put in small groups and asked to come into design an outfit for a celebrity etc.

Also at the interview, a big emphasis is put on what is on trend for this summer, what's in for next Autumn/Winter so make sure to do good research on trends/designers etc.

And yeah that's about it, my advice is just to try and say as much as possible, just have your hand up at all times but not come across as annoying if that's possible.

If you want any more advice or some notes I made on Zara, just PM me.

Good luck!

hey do you still have the notes for zara interview please if could send them to me i would really appreciate it.

thanks
Reply 34
Original post by ChrisItaliano
hey please can i have your notes or can anyone help me pleaseeee

sorry to be a pest do you still have the notes for zara pls
thanks
Reply 35
Hi guys,

I just got a call from inditex stating that i have a selection process interview (or something) like that for zara , tomorrow. I have been told, it's not really a proper interview but more like an assessment where i have to bring in my cv and fill in some forms. Does anyone what else i can expect ? And what this stage actually involves? i have also been told that if i pass this one, i move unto a group interview or so...

hellllllppppppppppp
Reply 37
Did you all apply online?
Original post by TaylorKay
Did you all apply online?

yeah
Reply 39
Hi, this is really helpful thank you but what sort of clothes do you wear to such an interview, like is heels appropriate or flats and a blazer suit combo?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending