Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Islam and Zakir Naik

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's no point arguing with Muslims. They'll always skew the argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument. Zakir Naik is a prime symbol of that, they are literally clutching at straws.

If you take a humanistic approach when observing a debate between Muslims and atheists regarding evolution, you can tell who has the upper hand.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just watched him now on tv. He didnt say anything wrong. If anything he was trying to promote equality and clearing any misunderstandings about islam.
    I havent seen anything that makes me suspicious...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freedom Writer)
    People have accused Dr Zakir Naik of “straw man arguments” and “logical fallacies” and being a “charlatan” and my personal favourite “he just says whatever crap that comes into his head.” People criticise Dr Zakir Naik for his weak, unintelligent and deceptive arguments. Yet the criticism is itself weak, unintelligent and deceptive. There is more personal hate than genuine debate in this forum.
    I don't want to be human anymore.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well after reading all the comments, i better google him..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petro_99)
    exactly, the only thing he says is ayat 57 verse 24!!! lmao

and plus he is hated by a lot of the mainstream muslim scholars.
    For me personally - his claims about Karbala being political and saying: 'Yazid (may Allah be pleased with him) make me sick

And haha - 'verse 4, chapter 9'
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The guys a comedian. You don't have to have a PhD in science to laugh at some of the crazy things he says. I think the video where he calls pigs the 'most shameless animal in the world' and associates eating pork with sexual promiscuity is the biggest laugh I've got from him, and proves that you can memorize the Quran and Bible all you want, but you can still be an idiot.

He's still got a potential career in standup comedy though, so let's not write him off completely.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Bascially, if you're a Muslim, you'll love him.
    This is flat-out nonsense and you know it.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    There's no point arguing with Muslims. They'll always skew the argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument.
    Yes, all 1.6 billion Muslims will always 'skew their argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument' :facepalm:
    Keep up the daily stupidity TSR
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for introducing me to this guy. :rofl2:

"The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; many say 'you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife.' If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs"

"If every woman got married to only one man, there would be over thirty million females in U.S.A, four million females in Great Britain, 5 million females in Germany and nine million females in Russia who would not find a husband. Thus the only two options before a woman who cannot find a husband is to marry a married man or to become public property."

"In financial transactions, two men are preferred. Islam expects men to be the breadwinners of their families. Since financial responsibility is shouldered by men, they are expected to be well versed in financial transactions as compared to women. As a second option, the witness can be one man and two women, so that if one of the women errs the other can remind her."
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    Yes, all 1.6 billion Muslims will always 'skew their argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument' :facepalm:
    Keep up the daily stupidity TSR
    Ummm, yes, they do. The same applies to most theists. Also, not all of the 1.6 billion muslims question their faith and come on online forums (like 90% of the audience in Naiks lectures).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallenangel)
    For me personally - his claims about Karbala being political and saying: 'Yazid (may Allah be pleased with him) make me sick

And haha - 'verse 4, chapter 9'
    lol the guy clearly has some personal issues going on :rolleyes:

yes the claim about Yazid is truly saddening, i still cant believe people follow him after the amount of crap he says.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    So the criticism against his point that women should either marry or become public property is weak? Women do not become 'public property' if they don't marry, they can still be religious people and have happy lives.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XpDDdjViOg
    Naik was talking about polygamy, if there are more women than men, and every man is married to one woman, hypothetically there will be a surplus amount of women who cannot legally get married. That’s why he believes polygamy should be legal, otherwise you will have these women who cannot legally get married. Obviously such a situation isn’t likely to happen any time soon. . . but you never know . . .

He mentions that
    The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; many say 'you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife.' If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs"
    If you provide the video of his whole talk I might be able to help.

HOW ON EARTH CAN HE DRAW SUCH A CONCLUSION?
    I have friends who eat pork and they don't share their girlfriends or boyfriends around. It's ludicrous for him to say if you eat like a pig you behave like one. If I eat a chicken do I behave like one and start pecking at the floor or poo on the floor?
    Haha if you say so
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5q9TeGo14
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    They'll always skew the argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument.
    Are you talking about Muslims or my mum?

(Original post by Luxray)
    If I eat a chicken do I behave like one and start pecking at the floor or poo on the floor?
    You tell me. :eyebrow:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He is the poster child for many Muslims and has been for quite a while now, they think he can do know wrong or say no wrong. I reckon it's the combination of the "chapter 14, verse 7" that he constantly rolls of his tongue and the fact they consider to him to be "a man of science" and we all know how the Quran contains all scientific discoveries ever made :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's no point arguing with Muslims.
    So you chose to argue?

They'll always skew the argument in their own direction, never looking at the other side of the argument. Zakir Naik is a prime symbol of that, they are literally clutching at straws.

If you take a humanistic approach when observing a debate between Muslims and atheists regarding evolution, you can tell who has the upper hand.

You should also post a video which is pro-Zakir Naik, since you’re so unbiased. You shouldn’t skew the argument in your own direction. . . like the Muslims.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Edit: whoops didn't notice another poster had already posted this. apologies. Ill leave it in just for convenience.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Thanks for introducing me to this guy. :rofl2:

"The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; many say 'you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife.' If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs"

"If every woman got married to only one man, there would be over thirty million females in U.S.A, four million females in Great Britain, 5 million females in Germany and nine million females in Russia who would not find a husband. Thus the only two options before a woman who cannot find a husband is to marry a married man or to become public property."

"In financial transactions, two men are preferred. Islam expects men to be the breadwinners of their families. Since financial responsibility is shouldered by men, they are expected to be well versed in financial transactions as compared to women. As a second option, the witness can be one man and two women, so that if one of the women errs the other can remind her."
    :lolwut:

Is this how he wants to promote religion?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Check out this great insight of wisdom.

Main quote to focus on: "If he [Osama] is terrorizing the terrorists [America], then I [Zakir Naik] am for him."

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresh Prince of)
    LOL reminds me of my grandmum and her buddies. Most of his appeal comes from the rapid firing of sources from religious scriptures in my opinion. Says the most illogical things with shameless arrogance, and the shows on that channel which feature his son as a 'prodigee' dayee of islam make me cringe even more.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.