The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Good morning everyone,
I got my ATAS clearance last month but I had to renew my passport. Do I need to get another clearance for the new passport? I tried to contact the ATAS team but up till now they haven't responded to my inquiry. Can anyone give me some advice on this?
Reply 21
guys, i applied for my atas on the 21st of august. yes i know, its late. but unfortunately i registered with the wrong JACS code, and i finished and submitted the application nevertheless. on the website they asked me to re-register with the correct jacs code with the same email. but i wasnt sure whether i would have to redo the whole application. so i left it. today i realised if they were to ask me to redo the application later, it would be really late and i would not make it into the uni. so i decide to complete the application again and submitted it. any idea guys by when i can receive the ATAS clearance?
Original post by Marktelligence
Good morning everyone,
I got my ATAS clearance last month but I had to renew my passport. Do I need to get another clearance for the new passport? I tried to contact the ATAS team but up till now they haven't responded to my inquiry. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

From what I understand is yes. You might need to renew your application. I suggest you check the ATAS website FAQ's section about this. Also it might be a good idea to contact your university as you'd get a faster response regarding this.
Original post by arvin92
guys, i applied for my atas on the 21st of august. yes i know, its late. but unfortunately i registered with the wrong JACS code, and i finished and submitted the application nevertheless. on the website they asked me to re-register with the correct jacs code with the same email. but i wasnt sure whether i would have to redo the whole application. so i left it. today i realised if they were to ask me to redo the application later, it would be really late and i would not make it into the uni. so i decide to complete the application again and submitted it. any idea guys by when i can receive the ATAS clearance?

What to do regarding wrong JACS code entry is mentioned in the FAQ's section of the ATAS application website. I suggest you take a look there.
Reply 24
So are you guys postgraduate students or undergraduate students and where are you guys from ??
Any news Mermaid123?
Reply 26
Hi guys,

I just have submitted the ATAS application and issued the starting date of study in 1 of Nov -2012.
Now, I wish to start my study in 1 of Dec. Is this change effect on the visa application? Is there a relation between the starting date of study issued in ATAS and the starting date of study issued in Visa?

Thanks you in Advance.
Yes. Its very important that your ATAS details match with your visa details. The start date of your course is mentioned on your offer letter. That is he date you need to enter. If you want to start in December get that date first mentioned on your revised offer letter and then reapply for ATAS. I had a similar issue where my address on the passport which I entered in the ATAS application didn't match with the address mentioned in my offer letter. I was then asked to update my offer letter with the correct address and then reapply. However before doing this. I suggest you just call and confirm with your university first. Hope this helps. And all the best.
I wish I had your life for one second where my biggest problem is that I have extra time to get the ATAS.
Reply 29
1. I received the confirmation on 18th Aug, so I suppose that is my application date
2. Still haven't heard from them yet
3. It is now exactly 20 days since my application, and i probably can receive the result within the next week (if I'm lucky)
4. Things are not looking good...course starts on 24th Sep.
5. MEng Mechanical Engineering, UCL
Reply 30
Application submitted: 06-08-2012
Email asking full names of Referees: 07-08-2012
Conformation email after amendments: 20-08-2012
ATAS certificate: till now not received

More than 25 working days and no reply for e-mails to ATAS team. Slightly concerned about what to do.

Any suggestions.
Reply 31
Original post by siva
Application submitted: 06-08-2012
Email asking full names of Referees: 07-08-2012
Conformation email after amendments: 20-08-2012
ATAS certificate: till now not received

More than 25 working days and no reply for e-mails to ATAS team. Slightly concerned about what to do.

Any suggestions.

My ATAS application took exactly 36 days. Dont wait around for replies from the fco because they are notorious for taking time about answering mails. I sent them 3 mails 15 days after i applied about wen i would get my ATAS and I got a replies to ALL 3 of them after i got my ATAS. Wen is your joining date?
Reply 32
Hey is yours a post grad or undergrad programme??... they might have different processing times for each
Reply 33
Original post by angrychair
My ATAS application took exactly 36 days. Dont wait around for replies from the fco because they are notorious for taking time about answering mails. I sent them 3 mails 15 days after i applied about wen i would get my ATAS and I got a replies to ALL 3 of them after i got my ATAS. Wen is your joining date?

Thanks for info. I got some relief.

My joining date is next week.
Reply 34
Original post by arvin92
Hey is yours a post grad or undergrad programme??... they might have different processing times for each

Post graduate course.
All this thread did is to depress me. None of you had their clearance in 20 days as announced in the website... which means the only chance I have to do something I like and to u turn my life is gone for a damn paper !! I just want to make a little plane and go to Oshkosh :-(
Reply 36
Original post by Alec.Trevelyan
All this thread did is to depress me. None of you had their clearance in 20 days as announced in the website... which means the only chance I have to do something I like and to u turn my life is gone for a damn paper !! I just want to make a little plane and go to Oshkosh :-(

Don't worry, I got mine within twenty working days. Heck, I got mine within 20 calendar days! It's a touch and go situation, but you might be fortunate enough to get your ATAS fast.

don't worry friend. all good things come to those who wait. and the fco love making people wait . i'm sure they'll process everything in due time. all the very best for your course. cheers!
relax mate I got my ATAS cert in 14 working days
Reply 39
Here's my story for my ATAS application:

1. 25 Aug - Received Confirmation of application submission
2. 27 Aug - Sent them an email that I mistakenly thought that I filled in the wrong CAS number in the application but in fact you don't even need your CAS number! I then told them to hold on to my application while I get my correct CAS number (Wrong move, I know :frown:)
3. 31 Aug - Informed them of my correct CAS number
4. 11 Sep - Finally received reply to email #1 regarding my wrong CAS Number :eek: (that was sent on 27 Aug!!)

I'm applying for F303 MPhys course for my undergraduate studies at oxford.. I already booked my flight on the 30th Sep and still yet to get ATAS + visa.

I've contacted my college to see whether they could speed up my application. How long more do you think before I'll receive my ATAS certificate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending