The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by panzerommel
relax mate I got my ATAS cert in 14 working days

I don't know how to multiquote...
Thank you guys for cheering me up... it's just I'm so eager to start that I can only be worried about when I get the ATAS... in fact I applied late : 28th of Aug... which is known as the worst time of the year.. my course starts late september... so I can only wait. Thanks anyway dudes...
Original post by Alec.Trevelyan
I don't know how to multiquote...
Thank you guys for cheering me up... it's just I'm so eager to start that I can only be worried about when I get the ATAS... in fact I applied late : 28th of Aug... which is known as the worst time of the year.. my course starts late september... so I can only wait. Thanks anyway dudes...

I think as long as you fill all the details correctly and write the full name of your referees without any initials you'll be fine. One more thing, make sure you arent involved in any terroristic organization mate. cheers
People who are still waiting for the ATAS try calling up your international student advisory team, if you have one in your university, if the waiting time exceeded the 20 working day limit. Sometimes, they could call the FCO and check up on your application. They can sometimes also request speeding up the process, on your behalf. I got mine in 15 days due to the help from my university. So, give your university a call, they will help you if they can.
Reply 43
I applied for an ATAS certificate as it's a requirement for my undergrad degree...Is there any way I can speed up the process? I've already email my college to ask if they could help..

1. 25 Aug - Received Confirmation of application submission
2. 27 Aug - Sent them an email that I mistakenly thought that I filled in the wrong CAS number in the application but in fact you don't even need your CAS number! I then told them to hold on to my application while I get my correct CAS number (Wrong move, I know :frown:)
3. 31 Aug - Informed them of my correct CAS number
4. 11 Sep - Finally received reply to email #1 regarding my wrong CAS Number :eek: (that was sent on 27 Aug!!)
Original post by bpbp
I applied for an ATAS certificate as it's a requirement for my undergrad degree...Is there any way I can speed up the process? I've already email my college to ask if they could help..

1. 25 Aug - Received Confirmation of application submission
2. 27 Aug - Sent them an email that I mistakenly thought that I filled in the wrong CAS number in the application but in fact you don't even need your CAS number! I then told them to hold on to my application while I get my correct CAS number (Wrong move, I know :frown:)
3. 31 Aug - Informed them of my correct CAS number
4. 11 Sep - Finally received reply to email #1 regarding my wrong CAS Number :eek: (that was sent on 27 Aug!!)

Not to worry. Being the month of august and the fact that September is part of a very huge intake, they will be going through applications faster than other months. You have to understand though that just like you thousands of people have applied and there's only a limit to how fast the fco can process applications. I got mine in exactly 16 working days. So don't fret. You will get it. And like others have suggested, call up your international admissions office at your university and ask them to check up on the status of your application.

P.S : They always take their sweet time in replying to emails. Especially confirmations to emails sent by applicants. So not to worry.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by sajipvarghese
Not to worry. Being the month of august and the fact that September is part of a very huge intake, they will be going through applications faster than other months. You have to understand though that just like you thousands of people have applied and there's only a limit to how fast the fco can process applications. I got mine in exactly 16 working days. So don't fret. You will get it. And like others have suggested, call up your international admissions office at your university and ask them to check up on the status of your application.

P.S : They always take their sweet time in replying to emails. Especially confirmations to emails sent by applicants. So not to worry.

I have already calculated - the latest date I can receive my ATAS is the 19th of September, which is next wednesday. If they take any longer than that, I wont get my visa in time and will miss my 1)flight 2)fresher's week

Original post by bpbp
I have already calculated - the latest date I can receive my ATAS is the 19th of September, which is next wednesday. If they take any longer than that, I wont get my visa in time and will miss my 1)flight 2)fresher's week

I think at this stage getting there on time for the course is more important than freshers week. But anyway lets wait till Wednesday to see what the verdict is. In the mean time I highly suggest you contact someone at the fco or your university's office to check on your application status. Im sure you can get some info. Also visa won't take too long once atas is cleared. But let's hope everything works out on schedule for you. I think as long as you make it for the course on time, even if you miss freshers week your not losing out on much as compared to the course of study altogether. Cheers and all the very best. Don't let this little setback get you down.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47

I think at this stage getting there on time for the course is more important than freshers week. But anyway lets wait till Wednesday to see what the verdict is. In the mean time I highly suggest you contact someone at the fco or your university's office to check on your application status. Im sure you can get some info. Also visa won't take too long once atas is cleared. But let's hope everything works out on schedule for you. I think as long as you make it for the course on time, even if you miss freshers week your not losing out on much as compared to the course of study altogether. Cheers and all the very best. Don't let this little setback get you down.

Thank you for your encouraging reply :smile: I shall anxiously wait till wednesday then. Cheers!
Hey guys!!!
I got an email from the ATAS which subject is "Applicant approved" with a pdf attached to it where it's written ATAS Certificate and application successful.
Is that IT??
Original post by Alec.Trevelyan
Hey guys!!!
I got an email from the ATAS which subject is "Applicant approved" with a pdf attached to it where it's written ATAS Certificate and application successful.
Is that IT??

congratulations! Yes. That is it :-)
congratulations! Yes. That is it :-)

Thanks a lot!!!
Reply 51
Hi guys, it's wednesday and there's still no reply from the ATAS team. I've contacted oxford's immigration office for help yesterday, to which they said they would email them. I guess I'm gonna be late for school after all..
Reply 52
I applied for an atas cert a on the 30th of August. On the 13th of September they replied me asking for the full details of my referees. I replied the email directly with the full details of my referees. It's been a week since I replied them and I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement of the receipt of the information I sent. Was I wrong to reply directly to the email i.e was I supposed to fill a form on their website.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by bpbp
Hi guys, it's wednesday and there's still no reply from the ATAS team. I've contacted oxford's immigration office for help yesterday, to which they said they would email them. I guess I'm gonna be late for school after all..

I'm really sorry to hear that my friend. I know exactly how you feel because I've been through this very same situation. Now before you make any hasty decisions I wish that you'll wait a little while longer to see if there's any chance you'll get the ATAS. If all the signs are that you won't then it's best you defer your offer to the next session and apply for a new ATAS certificate. Im really sorry once again to hear that this has happened to you.
Original post by Kriiiizy
I applied for an atas cert a on the 30th of August. On the 13th of September they replied me asking for the full details of my referees. I replied the email directly with the full details of my referees. It's been a week since I replied them and I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement of the receipt of the information I sent. Was I wrong to reply directly to the email i.e was I supposed to fill a form on their website.

No what you've done is the correct method. They usually take very long to reply to confirmations or they don't. I had this same problem where I had entered the initials had in the names instead of full names. They confirmed my email 10-15 days later. But don't worry. You have to directly reply to that email. That's the correct method.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
No what you've done is the correct method. They usually take very long to reply to confirmations or they don't. I had this same problem where I had entered the initials had in the names instead of full names. They confirmed my email 10-15 days later. But don't worry. You have to directly reply to that email. That's the correct method.

Thanks.

Reply 56
My ATAS finally came through!! (In exactly 20 working days)
Reply 57
Hey guys!!!! I applied for an ATAS cert three weeks ago. I received an email a week ago asking for some details. Should I still expect it to come through in a week time or would it take more time cuz I made corrections.

Original post by bpbp
My ATAS finally came through!! (In exactly 20 working days)

congratulations :-)
Original post by Kriiiizy
Hey guys!!!! I applied for an ATAS cert three weeks ago. I received an email a week ago asking for some details. Should I still expect it to come through in a week time or would it take more time cuz I made corrections.

yes. Don't worry. Just wait for the stipulated number of days. Lets see what happens. Only defer your offer if your absolutely sure that it's too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending