The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thud
I like how you added the bit about Trotsky.

I'm sure you've heard of the Great Purges? When Stalin killed millions of Trots and Leninists because they were against him?

And then there's this from Comrade Lenin himself:

and

Ignoring the fact that Lenin wrote a list or pros and cons for both Stalin and Trotsky, and you conveniently only include the cons for Stalin and not for Trotsky. The fact that Stalin was made General Secretary suggests that he had support within the Party. But most importantly. are you honestly going to claim that a vast majority of communists in the world didn't view Stain as one of their own while Stalin was in power? If Khrushchev didn't denounce Stalin and didn't make anti-Stalinism the new orthodoxy, would rank-and-file communists say anything bad about Stalin? Did not the communists in the West repeatedly downplay the extent of Stalin's cruelty? Was not the Labour Party of Great Britain incredibly pro-Soviet when Stalin was in power, especially prior to the Cold War?
Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao called themselves communist as you do Thud. What's left to trust? And why?
I'm sorry, but how can anyone suggest that the holocaust did not happen at all? Are they mental? You can argue about how many people were actually killed but to deny all of it is madness.
Reply 283
gas_panic!
I'm sorry, but how can anyone suggest that the holocaust did not happen at all? Are they mental? You can argue about how many people were actually killed but to deny all of it is madness.

Would it not also be sensible to either change, what has become an emotive word, '(H)holocaust' into something more appropriate or include all massacres in the word. One life is a massacre if done for evil reasons.
I know the life of a Jew is assumed to be worth several dozen Arabs and that it is a mortal sin to criticise a Jew but is that 'right'.
It's a bit like being English, they're open season on any other race, but say a word against the Scots, Welsh or Irish and stand back for the invective. (I suppose the Yanks are putting themselves in the same situation.)

Latest

Trending

Trending