The Student Room Group

How did you meet your current/ last girlfriend/ boyfriend?

Just out of interest, how did you meet your current/ most recent girlfriend/ boyfriend? How did you meet, what did you/ they do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Internet (chat room), as friends.

Then about 6 months later we met each other due to common interests, with a few friends, and well we're 7/8 months in to our relationship now (although LDR).
POF.com :smile:
I haven't met anyone yet.

Oh well.
On the Download Festival forums, spoke for a few months then met at Download itself. Three years later we're still together despite living at opposite ends of the country.
I've met all mine through friends, usually meeting them for the first time on a night out/party.
Reply 6
Original post by Dee Leigh
I haven't met anyone yet.

Oh well.

In the same situation! Just had so many wasted opportunities, you seem really calm about it haha :wink:
Reply 7
Met in high school, went out, broke up. Met up again at Leeds fest 4 years ago and got back together. :smile:
I messaged him on tsr because he made a post about not liking his flatmates and I wasn't getting on with my flatmates at the time either and we lived in the same city so we met up at starbucks for a drink :smile: It was supposed to be just as friends but it turned into more lol
Met my current bf through a society at Uni. Met my ex at 6th form.
Reply 10
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
I messaged him on tsr because he made a post about not liking his flatmates and I wasn't getting on with my flatmates at the time either and we lived in the same city so we met up at starbucks for a drink :smile: It was supposed to be just as friends but it turned into more lol

Aw, tsr romance :wink: I wonder how many other members have hooked up .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've not had a relationship in 4 years, but 7 years ago I met my first girlfriend at Diabetes camp in summer 2005 (our local hospital used to run a camp for diabetics), we were then friends for a few years meeting up every now and then and in summer 2008 then we eventually got into a relationship. The relationship didn't last long and although we're still friends we've kind of drifted apart. I occasionally talk to her on Facebook, and I've seen her about in town a few times; but I don't think I've actually seen her at all since Easter 2011 at least.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
In the que at download festival 2011! :-)

Reply 13
At a nightclub, i was with an ex boyfriend they were friends. Months later when i was single he asked me out.
lolol last one was from school and i randomly decided to message her and ask her out and it worked! sweet....

one before that I knew through other people, not directly though, literally just a female friend of a friend I have no contact or relation to. She came up as a friend suggestion on FB for some reason and I just added her, and from there I did it again. Thought **** it she is fit I will attempt and it worked! sweet.

You'd be surprised guys how easy and how most people will accept a date if you just think **** it and ask them.
Original post by Jsee
In the same situation! Just had so many wasted opportunities, you seem really calm about it haha :wink:

Well I'm not bothered atm. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't, then...oh well. :smile:
Reply 16
My current partner was my Uni flatmate.
Original post by Shelly_x
Met in high school, went out, broke up. Met up again at Leeds fest 4 years ago and got back together. :smile:

Ah that's cute :-)
We went out when we were 13, broke up obviously as 13 year olds do. Years later we both went to a reunion with old friends, ended up sleeping together (I know, I know) relationship sort of developed from there.
Original post by tsrstar
Aw, tsr romance :wink: I wonder how many other members have hooked up .

My boyfriend and I met on the Oxford Applicants 2012 thread :colondollar: we're LDr but it's been 9 months now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending