The Student Room Group

Decision support: Lancaster - Glasgow

Sorry, I really don't wanna bother you. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about UK universities. Therefore, I'd be happy to get your advice on the following:

I have offers from the University of Glasgow (Adam Smith Business School) and from Lancaster (Management School) for the MSc in Management program.

I really don't know which university I should choose.

On the one hand, University of Glasgow has a good overall ranking in the UK and globally. In addition, it's a member of the Russell Group and has a very long tradition. Most of the people I speak with outside the UK would go for Glasgow. It's business school is quite good according to the Guardian ranking.

On the other hand, Lancaster seems to have quite a good management school, which has a triple accreditation and is listed in the FT business school ranking. However, Lancaster is a quite young university and a lot of people outside the UK don't know it. Furthermore, Lancaster is not ranked as good as Glasgow globally and it's also not a member of the Russell Group. I also realised that some good universites left the 1994 group (Exeter, ...). Due to this fact I am afraid that this will have a negative impact on the future ranking of Lancaster.

Do you think that it matters which school I choose for doing my Masters? Which school would you personally prefer?

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Push - pls

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending