Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Test centre past rates

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What driving test centres in London have the highest past rates??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You cannot go by pass rates for a particular centre or instructor

For example a test centre may have a pass rate of 50% which is half of all tests taken but is that everyone passing 2nd time ????

12 tests =3 pass 1st time + 3 pass 3rd time
    12 tests = 4 pass 1st time + 2 pass 4th time
    12 tests = 0 pass 1st time + 6 pass 2nd time

If all an instructors pupils pass eventually then that is a 100% pass rate
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pass rates are also an indication what what proportion of competent condidates vs incompetent candidates attempt their test there. This proportion is largely determined by the local demographic.

If you are an incompetent taking a test at a high pass rate centre, you'll still fail. If you are competent and take your test with a dreadful pass rate, you'll pass.

In other words, the chosen centre doesn't make any difference, only you do.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, you could have a pass rate off 68% (This means you have a 68% chance of passing). The test centre pass rate is how many learners pass that take their test there. If this is low, say 41%, it doesn't mean you have a 41% chance of passing, it just means that 41% of people pass that take their test there, this could be down to the instructors not being great, the roads being busy, the weather being bad, anything
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advisor)
    Pass rates are also an indication what what proportion of competent condidates vs incompetent candidates attempt their test there. This proportion is largely determined by the local demographic.

If you are an incompetent taking a test at a high pass rate centre, you'll still fail. If you are competent and take your test with a dreadful pass rate, you'll pass.

In other words, the chosen centre doesn't make any difference, only you do.
    Whilst this is largely true, some centres definitely are easier than others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Undoubtedly some centres are easier than others, but generally the rule is the busier the area the lower the pass rate. If you are taking it in Barnet during rush hour you are clearly going to have less chance of passing than if you take it in South Uist at 10AM. This is mainly due to the sheer number of cars that you will come up against. More cars and pedestrians on the road with you means that it is harder to not make somebody brake, get to 4th gear, and do all of your manouevres effectively...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some centres always do certain maneuvers too. Mine always did bay park, which worked well for me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Some centres always do certain maneuvers too. Mine always did bay park, which worked well for me
    You may well have had bay park more than once by coincidence, but this is certainly not down to the preference of a centre. Each examiner at each centre has to do all manoeuvres equally over a period of time. The only exception to this is the omission of bay park altogether at centres without a car park with clearly lined bays.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    My centre doesn't do that for some reason. My instructor didn't even bother teaching it! :lol:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.