Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Imam: "killing is an essential part of islam"

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/...ment-of-islam/ . surely a misunderstander of islam?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, he sounds lovely.

And in America... Actually, hearing what some evangelical pastors/revs say, this isn't at all shocking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to read the article but then I saw the twitter-link, lol

Anyway, Azaro, do you have any idea how many people on earth consider themself to be muslim? If the title of this thread was a widespread sentiment.. surely you'd be dead by now?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azaro)
    http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/...ment-of-islam/ . surely a misunderstander of islam?
    Wow, an Imam says fighting is sometimes necessary and sites what was essentially an ethnic war in which one of the sides was mostly Muslims (and weren't responsible for a great deal of the aggression). Moreover he talks about how regrettable it is that it's sometimes necessary. What an extremist!

You'll forgive me if I'm skeptical of how the rest of the information is being portrayed given the agenda of the blog.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd.

What exactly is it that he says wrong? In 1995, He said Muslims should go to Bosnia and help the oppressed people there. It's a shame most scholars are too afraid to speak truth.

Although many Muslims did go on Jihad from all across the world, it sadly wasn't enough to stop the massacres;

Alot of women and children, old, sick etc. were killed. Women in particular were raped in front of children - that's why fatwa's had to come to allow them to have abortions based on their mental circumstances.

Anyways, if you think Muslims are embarrassed our religion allows us to fight and kill in order to protect the oppressed and weak, then you need to wake up to reality.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    I lol'd.

What exactly is it that he says wrong? In 1995, He said Muslims should go to Bosnia and helped the oppressed people there. It's a shame most scholars are too afraid to speak truth.

Although many Muslims did go on Jihad from all across the world, it sadly wasn't enough to stop the massacres;

Alot of women and children, old, sick etc. were killed. Women in particular were raped in front of children - that's why fatwa's had to come to allow them to have abortions based on their mental circumstances.

Anyways, if you think Muslims are embarrassed our religion allows us to fight and kill in order to protect the oppressed and weak, then you need to wake up to reality.
    Fight and kill random men women and children who have nothing to do with any conflict.

You are a detestable hypocrite. There's no difference between the killers in that picture and your Salafi terrorist co-religionists.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Fight and kill random men women and children who have nothing to do with any conflict.
    Where does the scholar say to kill "random men and women and children who have nothing to do with the conflict"?

You are a detestable hypocrite. There's no difference between the killers in that picture and your Salafi terrorist co-religionists.
    Lmao
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mare?)
    I was going to read the article but then I saw the twitter-link, lol

Anyway, Azaro, do you have any idea how many people on earth consider themself to be muslim? If the title of this thread was a widespread sentiment.. surely you'd be dead by now?
    so basically i should be happy not all muslims are THAT islamic?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    no we should NOT!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Well, he sounds lovely.

And in America... Actually, hearing what some evangelical pastors/revs say, this isn't at all shocking.
    where?
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:

That is not justified to any sane person, let alone Muslims.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

You are a detestable hypocrite
    I agree.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Where does the scholar say to kill "random men and women and children who have nothing to do with the conflict"?

Lmao
    The scholar is quoting sura 2.216. 2.216 is about launching unprovoked islamic attacks against "disbelievers" and killing them. The women and children have a slave value:

It is written/ordered on you the fighting/killing, and it is hated to you and maybe/perhaps you hate a thing and it is best/good to you,.. 2.216. Ahmed Ali.

Prescribed for you, obligatory [for you], is fighting, disbelievers, you will find much good in fighting, as a result of victory, booty, martyrdom or reward; while, if you were to reject fighting, even if you would like to do so, you will find much evil, because then you may be subjugated, impoverished and denied the reward; 2.216. Al Jalalayn http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...0&LanguageId=2

"It is written/ordered on you the fighting/killing".

Below, according to muslims are just some of the groups today who fall into the "disbelievers" category:

The disbelievers include: Majority of the present-day CHRISTIANS who associate Prophet Essa and his mother Maryam as partners of Allah. Also those JEWS who elevate their rabbis, saints etc. (e.g. Ezra) to the level of divinity. ATHEIST are disbelievers who don't believe in any faith nor in the Hereafter. Agnostics are disbelievers who claim they will only believe if given proof of Allah. http://muslimvilla.smfforfree.com/in...p?topic=2322.0

The reason they hate it is because they realize the attacks, slavery, etc... are unjust.

Notice in the verse that the people didnt even know why fighting would be benefical to them. If they knew why they were fighting and the fight was just, then the benefits of fighting would be self evident:

Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not. M. M. Pickthall

Fighting is difficult and heavy on your hearts. and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you) meaning, fighting is followed by victory, dominance over the enemy, taking over their lands, money and offspring. http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...sk=view&id=197

And when muslims have the upper hand the koran informs them of how to do things:

SURA 47.35:
    [B]So do not falter, [do not] be weak, and [do not] call for peace[/B] (read salm or silm), that is to say, a truce with the disbelievers should you encounter them, when you have the upper hand (al-a‘lawna: the third letter of the triliteral root, wāw, has been omitted), [when you are] the victors, the vanquishers, and God is with you, helping and assisting, and He will not stint you, diminish you, in [the reward for] your works, that is to say, of the reward for them. http://altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...0&LanguageId=2
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

If you consider that in modern warfare, innocent civillians tend to be the biggest % of collateral- I mean, thats evident in US aerial bombing in Pakisan, Iraq, Afghanistan etc- there are a lot of people who had nothing to do with 9/11 or the 'war on terror' who have been killed, and simply placed as 'collateral'.

Now considering that most armies are state-funded, and by that respect also funded by citizen taxation, wouldn't that make citizens almost as bad as the 'salafist terrorists' you mention?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    If you consider that in modern warfare, innocent civillians tend to be the biggest % of collateral- I mean, thats evident in US aerial bombing in Pakisan, Iraq, Afghanistan etc- there are a lot of people who had nothing to do with 9/11 or the 'war on terror' who have been killed, and simply placed as 'collateral'.

Now considering that most armies are state-funded, and by that respect also funded by citizen taxation, wouldn't that make citizens almost as bad as the 'salafist terrorists' you mention?
    No, it really wouldn't.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, it really wouldn't.
    expand?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it. He's made a legit point that Muslims had an obligation to fight for Bosnian Muslims.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    surely, another thread to increase hate.

you only have one source, and judging by the website, it`s pretty biased.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    well I've learnt something from this thread at least, previously I thought the term was "imaN" now I realise its "imaM"
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truthman)
    The scholar is quoting sura 2.216. 2.216 is about launching unprovoked islamic attacks against "disbelievers" and killing them. The women and children have a slave value:
    Failed on your first sentence.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.