The Student Room Group

Harry Potter Warner brothers studio tour -- Who's going/been?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mariarghh
Wow that was incredible :biggrin: loved every single minute of it <3
The audio guide was great, Tom Felton has a lovely voice :L
Butterbeer is disgusting :/ Didn't like it at all :frown: I really liked the Hogwarts Model and Snape's Classroom- the Burrow was wicked with the carrots :tongue:
The shop was sooooooo expensive :frown: I only bought a Hedwig mug and a chocolate frog keyring (which by the way actually, smells like chocolate) and that cost me £24!! Shocking, as if the tour cost wasn't high enough :O
Overall though, completely loved it and every penny was definitely well spent :biggrin: <3

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What we get to taste butterbeer!!?! that is sooo cool! :happy2:
If it is the same as the stuff they have at Universal Studios, it is an aquired taste. It was so sweet I could barely finish the glass!

Going to book my studio tour tickets today; I can't read this thread anymore without knowing when I am going :smile:
I am desperate to go!
It's my birthday soon and I've pretty much begged for tickets so fingers crossed :biggrin:
From what everyone on here is saying it sounds incredible.
Reply 23
Original post by WhyteBoar
If it is the same as the stuff they have at Universal Studios, it is an aquired taste. It was so sweet I could barely finish the glass!

Going to book my studio tour tickets today; I can't read this thread anymore without knowing when I am going :smile:

So when are you going? :smile:

Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I am desperate to go!
It's my birthday soon and I've pretty much begged for tickets so fingers crossed :biggrin:
From what everyone on here is saying it sounds incredible.

Hopefully you'll get to go!!! :^_^:
I'm booking mine now!

September the 5th, 1 o'clock tour. So excited!!

I'm doing it with Golden tours so I get a bus direct from Victoria station to the studios. We're awful with catching the tube so it saves stress...Have to catch the 5:30 megabus though (from Wales)

Eeeeek!
(edited 11 years ago)
I went and I loved it. It didn't dissapoint.

butterbeer= waste of money though. did they not read that it is supposed to be a warm drink?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by EffieFlowers
I'm booking mine now!

September the 5th, 1 o'clock tour. So excited!!

I'm doing it with Golden tours so I get a bus direct from Victoria station to the studios. We're awful with catching the tube so it saves stress...Have to catch the 5:30 megabus though (from Wales)

Eeeeek!

Getting up early to go is all part of the fun I don't know it makes me feel like I'll be putting in all this extra effort to go see something really worth it! I've got the 11am tour on August 25th so excited anticipating the day eagerly especially after reading all these great things...:cute:

One question though my ticket says 11 to 11.30 can we stick around as long as we like or are we only allowed in for that half an hour?
Original post by LaShy
So when are you going? :smile:

Not until the 20th October! Still, I can't wait :biggrin:
Original post by LaShy
Getting up early to go is all part of the fun I don't know it makes me feel like I'll be putting in all this extra effort to go see something really worth it! I've got the 11am tour on August 25th so excited anticipating the day eagerly especially after reading all these great things...:cute:

One question though my ticket says 11 to 11.30 can we stick around as long as we like or are we only allowed in for that half an hour?

I'm sure the site says that you can stay for as long as you like but the majority of people stay for around 3 hours. Hmmm I don't think mine said anything like that, but I booked with Golden tours so I think our ticket was different. Maybe that's your check in time? You have to check in by 11 to 11:30.
Or I know you have a little tour at first and then you are free to do your own thing, maybe your tour is 11 to half past. I'm pretty sure you can stay in for aslong as want though. :smile:
Im going next tuesday :biggrin: yay.
I went earlier in the year. Over priced, but if you are a big Harry Potter fan, it's worth it. Purchased a chocolate frog and butter beer :wizard: :beer:
(edited 11 years ago)
I went yesterday, and it was AMAZING! Got so many photos :biggrin:.
My tickets arrived in the post today :biggrin:
Reply 33
A couple of my friends have been and spent a lot of money. It's for this reason that I am resisting going, because I don't trust myself in the gift shop! :wink:
Reply 34
I'm going in September before Uni, I am absolutely buzzing for it, I cannot wait :biggrin:
Reply 35
I have no words to describe how amazing it was. If you're a Harry Potter fan then you should 100% go.

Walking into the Great Hall for the first time was incredible. Diagon Alley and the model of Hogwarts literally took my breath away. It was lovely seeing all the sets as well - couldn't believe how tiny some of them were! Not going to lie, I actually felt pretty emotional - I grew up reading Harry Potter and watching the films, so to see the sets and props in real life was amazing.

Butterbeer was awful, though.
I went on Tuesday 7th this week, was absolutely amazing! the shop is very expensive though :P however I would go again, it was the best experience there was alot of people from overseas there also like Alaska and Israel shows how popular it was! My favourite part was probably the great hall or the part where you get to wash the dishes in the weasleys house with this interactive pad.

oo yay another negative, pointless *****.
(edited 11 years ago)
OH MY GOSH THIS IS IN LONDON?!?!?

Right, I'm going. Not sure when or how, but I need to get my hands on some butterbeer.
Original post by .Scout.

Butterbeer was awful, though.

What does it taste like? Is it warm? :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Pandabär
What does it taste like? Is it warm? :biggrin:

No it wasn't :frown:
It kinda tasted of cream soda, it was really fizzy with a creamy, caramel-y top. I guess it was okay but it was unbearably sweet. I couldn't finish my cup!

Quick Reply

Latest