The Student Room Group

Is Bath better in Civil engineering than university of Manchester ??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Shame they can't run an airport properly.

That's everywhere within the M25 screwed then.
Reply 21
Thanks a lot for everyone who replied, I decided to get into bath. As I'd like a place has fewer chinese student and a good study atmosphere
Reply 22
Original post by Cloud1992ZZF
Thanks a lot for everyone who replied, I decided to get into bath. As I'd like a place has fewer chinese student and a good study atmosphere

Whats wrong with Chinese people?
Reply 23
Original post by dj1015
Whats wrong with Chinese people?

No no no, I am a Chinese, but I'd like to study or make more UK friends in order to inprove my English.
When I was at Swansea University doing Civil Engineering (graduated this summer) most of the collaborative work that the engineering academics seemed to do were with Imperial College, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol and Southampton. None of them ever mentioned doing any work with Manchester.

Perhaps Bath is more involved in cutting edge civil engineering research. However Bath's undergraduate program may not necessarily be taught better.

Both are world class universities. If possible try to visit the universities before making a decision. As someone has already mentioned, they are very different cities. For an undergraduate I really don't think it makes much of a difference.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest