The Student Room Group

What is the university of plymouth like?

I was wondering what the university of plymouth is like? What is good and bad about it? Also, what accommodation would you suggest is best there ?
Reply 1
lol
Reply 2
Original post by merrrrr
lol

lol?
My A-level maths teacher went there and loved it, but that was a long time ago! Is there any chance you could go for a visit to get a feel for the place? You could order a prospectus and do some research on the uni/surrounding area to see what facilities there are.
My friend is currently there and thoroughly loves it, he somehow became president of the hot air ballooning society in his first year, what a guy
i live in plymouth - my school is literally a few metres up the road from the uni and my dad works there. its generally perceived as a nice place to go (obviously not really far up the league tables) but you still get good quality teaching (so ive heard).
ive also heard that they particularly excel at medicine, denistry and marine biology so if your thinking of any of these (denistry is postgrad only though i think) then you should definitely go for it because plymouth is quite a nice place to live and the uni is centrally located and about 10 minutes walk from the sea.

also with regards to accomodation - NOT GILWELL. :smile:
Reply 6
Thankyou! Do any of you have suggestions of a good university? preferably a campus one?

Quick Reply

Latest