The Student Room Group

I'm still dreaming of her...

My ex split with me after 4 years together and this was a few months ago. I was absolutely heartborken then and couldn't even function, now, I admit there is something there deep down but overall I really don't care. Like, she has been so horrible in the way she has gone about things it's really put me off even liking her so I don't care.

However, every night, without fail, I dream about her and wake up feeling horrible and sad. Sometimes it will be of her with the guy she left me for.

I'd like to clear it up I don't feel in anyway inferior to this guy or anything, I am really not that fussed anymore, I'm not saying I couldn't care, but I've certainly got well over it.

So why am I still having these dreams every single night without fail? How can I stop them? It's really getting to that stage now where I'm dreading sleeping because I know these dreams will start again.
This happens to me too sometimes. You just have to try and ignore them, the more you think about them the more you're going to end up dreaming similar dreams. I've been dreaming about my ex loads lately, but am just trying to let it pass.
I know that feeling in the morning; it's awful.
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhaworth
This happens to me too sometimes. You just have to try and ignore them, the more you think about them the more you're going to end up dreaming similar dreams. I've been dreaming about my ex loads lately, but am just trying to let it pass.
I know that feeling in the morning; it's awful.

Thanks.

I guess I'll just have to try and preoccupy my mind with other stuff.
Reply 3
dream of me instead :smile:
Reply 4
Man up!

This was posted from The Student Room's app in my head
Maybe you're trying to suppress your feelings and so they're coming out in your dreams? I mean if you were together for 4 years and you're seemingly 'over' her and 'not fussed' a few months later, it sounds like maybe you're in denial, which is a part of the grieving process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending