The Student Room Group

Best Bands/Artists You've Seen Live

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Bubblegum
Black Sabbath were amazing at Download IMO.

Deftones are great live.

I saw them at ozzfest 02 but I was barely paying attention having been stoop up all day.

I saw Deftones @ rock city in about 04, went in drunk and came out feeling about a stone lighter and sober as hell. Loved it!
Original post by Devel
Refused
Skindred
La Dispute
James Cleaver Quintet
Machine Head
Aerosmith
Dropkick Murphys
Rise Against
King Blues
Rob Zombie
Gaslight Anthem

:sogood:

Skindred were one of those pleasant surprises when I saw them.
Nine Inch Nails
Rammstein
Skindred
Mastodon
Deftones
Cancer Bats
Jane's Addiction
Moby
Ben Folds
Reply 23
Original post by Scumbaggio
Skindred were one of those pleasant surprises when I saw them.

Yeah I saw them in 2011, only knowing a couple of songs and it was just fantastic.

King Blues and System Of A Down on the same day. :headbang:
Reply 24
Original post by Spartacus Mills
Nine Inch Nails
Rammstein
Skindred
Mastodon
Deftones
Cancer Bats
Jane's Addiction
Moby
Ben Folds

I hope that Trent takes Nine Inch Nails on the road again in the future. I really need to see them. :frown:
NIN are absolutely brilliant live.
Original post by Devel
I hope that Trent takes Nine Inch Nails on the road again in the future. I really need to see them. :frown:

They're absolutely unreal live, saw them at their last London gig in 2009. I get the feeling that he won't be able to resist going back out as NIN at some point, although I reckon it'll probably be a more stripped-down piano-based NIN rather than the classic setup.

This is from the gig I was at, whole place kicked off at 1.55

Blink 182! :biggrin:

Them or perhaps Enter Shikari
Reply 28

Faith No More
Soundgarden

Saw them both a few weeks ago in London. Both incredible, I'd say I had a more memorable time seeing SG, probably my fav gig. Best week of my life probably.
(edited 11 years ago)
Caspian. I was present at the gig that they recorded a live album from. Here's a sample.
Reply 30
4minute :headbang:
[video="youtube;qsWl1--Niyg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsWl1--Niyg[/video]
Reply 31
Original post by Spartacus Mills
They're absolutely unreal live, saw them at their last London gig in 2009. I get the feeling that he won't be able to resist going back out as NIN at some point, although I reckon it'll probably be a more stripped-down piano-based NIN rather than the classic setup.

There have been some stories that he is returning to it very soon, although the focus is on studio work. I do hope they return to touring, maybe a headline set at Download. :sogood:
Original post by fnm
Saw them both a few weeks ago in London. Both incredible, I'd say I had a more memorable time seeing SG, probably my fav gig. Best week of my life probably.

I was there too! Brixton or Hammersmith for FNM?

That week was mental for me; I saw FNM, Incubus, FNM again and Soundgarden.
Biffy Clyro
Band of Skulls
Bruce Springsteen
Pearl Jam
Daft Punk were epic.
White Lies :sexface:
Crystal Castles
Editors
Blink 182
The Wombats (by no means one of my favourite bands but credit where credit is due, they were good)
Reply 36
Surprised by how many people are saying blink-182 tbf, probably the worst gig of my life.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 37
I was there too! Brixton or Hammersmith for FNM?

That week was mental for me; I saw FNM, Incubus, FNM again and Soundgarden.

brixton! i had a seated ticket for hammersmith but sold it, really hate sitting. honestly i've never really been into incubus, are they any good? i know brandon boyd's hero is mike patton but i've never really got into them.
Keep Shelly in Athens. Incredible stage presence from the creepy front girl to the perfect balance of sound coming from all the various instruments.
Original post by fnm
brixton! i had a seated ticket for hammersmith but sold it, really hate sitting. honestly i've never really been into incubus, are they any good? i know brandon boyd's hero is mike patton but i've never really got into them.

I've never sat at a gig. Had seating tickets for Brixton FNM but managed to sneak into standing :cool:

Incubus are great. Their older stuff is my favourite, SCIENCE and Make Yourself are brilliant albums. A lot of people slagged them off for going more mellow later on, but I still really like their more recent stuff. Fantastic live as well, though not so much at festivals.

Quick Reply

Latest