The Student Room Group

First year students going into second year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by History98
But isn't the jump from High School to first year also considerable? I think the main reason people do well in their third and fourth years is because they are given the opportunity to choose modules and they use that opportunity to choose modules they are most comfortable with.There are a few courses I know will probably murder me next year but theres nothing I can do about it.

im assuming you mean college to uni... And yes its considerable I never said it wasn't. Just the just to second year is even more considerable. A lot of people don't get electives on their course, or if they do then they get them in second year as well as third year (a 4 year course is not the norm), which kinda disputes that argument. But yes, choosing modules will have an effect upon grades.
Maximum of two nights out a week.

Attend every lecture, even if severely hungover (not that I will be)

Spend Sunday evenings in the library reading.

Stop wasting my days off being unproductive and spend the day working.

Get lots of nice stationary that will encourage me to work.
Reply 22
I worked pretty much endlessly and don't regret it so not a lot I would change really.

I'd like to focus more on the courses; I love my degree, but it meant that for essays I would end up reading full books which was just plain inefficient and before I knew it I'd spent all day in the library.

So yeah. Start as you mean to go on, init.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending