The Student Room Group

Who are the most intelligent footballers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassi94
I think it was a rough range of 160-180 so media took the low end to be able to say 'zidanes is higher'.

Either way, Einstein himself said he wasn't very smart, he doesn't need to have massive raw intelligence (which is what IQ aims to calculate) to be a brilliant physicist.

Anyway, getting off topic. I hear Zidane is smart - that's my point :tongue:

Fair enough.:smile:
Original post by Fusion
Steve Coppel is an economics graduate

Ian Dowie graduated in engineering

There was a Juve player who was studying econimics part time at uni and played against Arsenal in the CL a few years ago

And apparently Vincent Kompany solves maths problems on the team coach

Frank Lampard's A* in latin at a private school looks pale in comparison

Steve Palmer who played for Ipswich and Watford, amongst other clubs, is a Cambridge graduate.
Original post by hassi94
Don't think this part is true. There was a Socrates who was pretty decent at philosophy but he wasn't the one you're thinking of :tongue:

The Brazilian Socrates was a doctor, but a medic not a PhD.
Reply 63
ian dowie apparently has a degree in Aeronautic Engineering...
Original post by hassi94
Don't think this part is true. There was a Socrates who was pretty decent at philosophy but he wasn't the one you're thinking of :tongue:

I think it was a EDIT: NO HE DEFINITLY EARNED A PHILOSOPHY DEGREE! (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/11/the-knowledge-footballers-degrees), but don't let that detract from it, he himself called himself and philosopher and political theorist who would often protest against brazil's military regime's treatment of footballers, and showed support to the wider movement for democratisation, by wearing shirts with "Democracia" written on them during games.

If that isn't enough, his deathbed was in Albert Einstein Hospital, but then again seeing your earlier posts im not sure how you'll take it!:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Flyteryder
Any one of them with a GCSE. Oh wait, no footballers have any because they were too busy playing for their teenage football teams and going to endless try-outs.

They're all thick as sh!t and it really shows.

Jonny Evans got A/A* in 9 GCSEs.
Frankie Lampard has the highest IQ in the Chelsea squad apparantly.
Reply 67
Fabrice Muamba has 10 gcses and A levels in french English and maths.
Fat Frank bossed the IQ test for Chelsea. Best they've ever had I think!
Reply 69
drogba has a degree in accounting
Dennis Bergkamp completed a Bsc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bath while at Arsenal.
Probably Iniesta, Ozil, Xavi, Pato, going on intelligence when playing, having the vision for a great pass, run, positioning etc.

For actual intelligence, I guess the same as above, Fabregas seems kinda smart, same with Kompany, Micah Richards, Joe Hart, Van Persie maybe.
Nedum Onouha apparently has three A's at A-level.
Original post by bluenose14
Nedum Onouha apparently has three A's at A-level.
In maths, ICT and business studies though...
Nedum Onouha is very intelligent. Also Arry Redknapp, the bloke's not paid a penny in tax for years and he's still not been sent down. Must be clever.
Reply 75
Kompany seems an intelligent lad.
Reply 76
MON is a qualified lawyer.
Wasn't Javier Hernandez doing a business degree before Utd signed him?
Reply 78
XDD

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by ROYP
you?

Looks like its you now...

Quick Reply

Latest