Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

LSE Management, Information Systems and Innovation HELP!!!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have just graduated with a 2.1 in Biomedical Informatics and I am planning to take a year out and apply for masters next year. I am looking at doing a master in Information systems and management or other similar courses. I know there are a few universities that do this but I am interested in Management, Information Systems and Innovation course from LSE.

My question -

I would like to know if I have any chances of getting into LSE with this degree? And also I didn’t get a high 2.1, does this matter?

Thank you for your help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You definitely have a chance...I was on a 2.1 from my second year with a 65% average and I applied for the management, organisation and governance course and I got an offer from LSE which required me to get a 2.1 (no specified percentage) so you definitely got a chance. My overall average in my degree was 66% but they just asked for a 2.1 so you definitely got a chance. Don't worry about how high your 2.1 is as long as you've achieved it which you have. Write an amazing personal statement though, that I think is a definite requirement in that you need to show why you really want to do that course. And have two good references, preferably from lecturers/tutors that you know quite well or even those that you just enjoyed lectures with. Go to them and explain why you want to do the course and am sure they'll help you out. Don't worry about your chances of getting in, i was similar in that I thought I had no chance of getting in with my grades and I did, so am sure you will as well. If you need any help on the personal statement lemme know lol just i'd like to help seen as people on here helped me out....good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince1990)
    You definitely have a chance...I was on a 2.1 from my second year with a 65% average and I applied for the management, organisation and governance course and I got an offer from LSE which required me to get a 2.1 (no specified percentage) so you definitely got a chance. My overall average in my degree was 66% but they just asked for a 2.1 so you definitely got a chance. Don't worry about how high your 2.1 is as long as you've achieved it which you have. Write an amazing personal statement though, that I think is a definite requirement in that you need to show why you really want to do that course. And have two good references, preferably from lecturers/tutors that you know quite well or even those that you just enjoyed lectures with. Go to them and explain why you want to do the course and am sure they'll help you out. Don't worry about your chances of getting in, i was similar in that I thought I had no chance of getting in with my grades and I did, so am sure you will as well. If you need any help on the personal statement lemme know lol just i'd like to help seen as people on here helped me out....good luck
    Thank you for your help, I feel better about LSE now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am from Boston. I am thinking about applying for a PhD in IS at London School of Economics. I am a bit worried about courses in the first year. Most of them sound like theory or philosophy courses about technology and not about information systems. In most US universities, IS, CS and EE belong to the same class. How did you find your Master's in IS at LSE? Can you please share your experience?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 29, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.