Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I worry to much

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

I worry alot over stupid things, always doubting myself, get anxious about the smallest of things and analyze things over and over in my head until i feel 'comfortable' about something. I dont like change to the point where if something is changed (e.g. work hours) i start to panic, i haven't always had this problem, or have been aware i have this problem until a few months ago, and now im aware of it, it seems to be getting worse. Anyone have any experiences of this or have tips on how to overcome it, im afraid it will start to consume most of my daily activities.
    Thanks.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just bumping this as there have been no replies yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What you just said basically describes me! Firstly, you're not alone. Secondly; I am by no means an expert but as someone who suffers from it i would say you probably have a mild sort of anxiety. It is a really common condition and causes mental as well as physical symptoms, e.g overthinking, panicking, generally worrying too much about everyday occurences, and physical symptoms such as shaking, sweating, tiredness, nausea.. there are many ways in which anxiety manifests itself.

Many people find relief in either medication (personally i have tried to stay away from this as my anxiety is not very severe, and it can have unpleasant side effects, but some people have lots of success with medication) or some form of counselling or CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which helps you think differently (i think - not 100% sure).

Check out the NHS's page on Anxiety http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Anxiety...roduction.aspx

Lots of people - myself included - find they don't need to pursue meds or therapy because their anxiety is not severe/debilitating as other people's but its all about finding what's right for you. Hope i helped a bit
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I worry alot over stupid things, always doubting myself, get anxious about the smallest of things and analyze things over and over in my head until i feel 'comfortable' about something. I dont like change to the point where if something is changed (e.g. work hours) i start to panic, i haven't always had this problem, or have been aware i have this problem until a few months ago, and now im aware of it, it seems to be getting worse. Anyone have any experiences of this or have tips on how to overcome it, im afraid it will start to consume most of my daily activities.
    Thanks.
    Just quoting you so you'll see my reply above
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I also have problems with anxiety from time to time. It's perfectly normal to go through periods of feeling anxious in certain situations, though it sounds like you are starting to feel a bit over whelmed?

I think its about learning what works best for you, as everyone learns to cope with things in different ways. I haven't had meds but I did have some counselling which helped me to manage my anxieties and worries in certain situations.

If you start to feel anxious, try to keep yourself calm and remind yourself that it's okay to be slightly nervous about change. Its also worth remembering that whilst you might feel anxious initially the anxiety will go away; I think the more you put yourself through situations that make you anxious the easier they become. You may come to realise that the idea makes you more uncomfortable than the actual 'doing' if that makes sense.

Breathing exercises can also be really useful to some people.

Hope things feel better soon,
    xx
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found that doing exercise helps with that sort of thing, I suffered from severe anxiety to such an extent that I actually had a complete breakdown, I keep it at bay by addressing the things I am concerned about, the one thing that was a constant was a feeling of unattractiveness, whilst I haven't progressed much physically, I certainly feel a lot better.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 27, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.