The Student Room Group

Do you bull**** your way to jobs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Narcissist
I always say something that I have struggled with in the past but now am working to improve.

"I used to sometimes struggle to ask for help if I was getting stuck with something. I'd be determined to try and see it out myself. I've learnt not to be so stubborn and that jobs can get completed just as well and often faster if you ask for help earlier on. People are usually happy to help as long as you pay attention to what they say so that you can do it yourself the next time."

"Time management always could to be a problem for me so I've had to become more organised. I've been using a diary for the last year and I've found that really helps you plan work out. Although I have always finished jobs on time I could find myself leaving a lot to the last minute, now I get more done earlier on and find it a better way of doing things."

So yes, I do bull**** in interviews.

I am totally pinching these two answers haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 41
It's pretty much a necessity. The entire interview should be spent telling them what they want to hear. Untill they ask "What are your weaknesses?" at which point you spout some rehearsed weakness and then in the next sentance explain how you've overcome it - thats what they really want to hear.

This kind of behaviour only works on the brainless HR drones that don't actually know anything about the role they are interviewing for. Unfortunatly this kind of bull****ting is a necessity because if you start talking to them about actual job related skills/experiance you just confuse the poor souls and they mark you down.
Original post by CJM13
It always annoys when they ask: "What is your biggest weakness."

Everyone always puts "perfectionist".

I say over inquisitive/ask too many questions....shows you're eager to learn (and it's true, i do ask alot of questions).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending