The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
ive always wondered about prestige in edinburgh.

its ranked 10th by Guardian, 11th i think by Sunday Times and 5th in the country by the Times educational supplement.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Good? In what aspect?
Reply 3
teaching quality, prestige...
Reply 4
yes thats what i mean.
drmoney89
yes thats what i mean.

Well, it just isn't up there with some of the other universities. Teaching quality is virtually the same in any half decent uni these days. Taught content can vary a lot (because in some places, they can push you harder, take you further).

Edinburgh doesn't do that as well as some other places.
Reply 6
do you think SOAS is better, to bring my personal dilemma into the fray...
Alias667
do you think SOAS is better, to bring my personal dilemma into the fray...

Generally, as unis, no. But I'd rather go to SOAS because I like London that much.
Reply 8
but in my situation, considering i want to do Buddhism, Islam and international politics.....
Reply 9
Sorry, rather random, but what is soas?
Reply 10
School of Oriental and African Studies (Uni Of London)
Reply 11
well im going there in september so whatever standard it is now, it will get better then! hahahahahahaha!!!!!

*please not i am only joking

i really loved edinburgh and i cant wait to go there. it is a really good uni and the city is gorgeous. its about the only decent thing scotland has going for it! lol! i am only joking, being scottish and living in scotland for 18years gives me the right to poke fun at scotland.

it is a good uni which does well in tables on a world wide scale, but how good a uni is runs thicker than a league table, you never get the big picture from them.
Reply 12
Alias667
School of Oriental and African Studies (Uni Of London)

Oh right, that sounds really interesting, I keep seeing it mentioned and have been wondering about it for ages:redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending