The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate the sun, heat and summer?

It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?

Scroll to see replies

I love it, but I hate the pressure to wear dresses and sleeveless tops etc because I feel self conscious about my figure. But when I do get that confidence, it's amazing and I love this weather generally.
My mum has this, but she is slighty weird :tongue: in a sense that being in hot weather makes her ill. She feels faint and dizzy and extremely tired and depressed. People have said she may have the summer version of SAD- but she refuses to go to the doctors:smile:
Reply 3
I would love it even more if I wasn't stuck inside at work!
Original post by Flyteryder
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?

Hell yeah I do. I despise weather like this; there's not even a breeze.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
YES. I am exactly the same. Trying to convince people to go on holiday with you, to places that aren't hot, is one of the hardest things to accomplish.
Reply 6
As long as there's a nice cool breeze, I don't mind. As soon as there isn't a breeze I hide in the shade.
Reply 7
i absolutely hate this weather too! particularly when it's humid.
Reply 8
I don't hate it. However I dislike it sometimes because of heat rash and how it makes me squint my eyes every time I'm out!
Yes i hate it, i burn like mad and insects try to flood in my room at night.

The best days are when it's moderately cold and there is no rain.
Reply 10
Totally. Summer in particular tends to drive me crazy, I'd take fall/winter over summer any day.
Reply 11
Original post by Darth Stewie
Yes i hate it, i burn like mad and insects try to flood in my room at night.

The best days are when it's moderately cold and there is no rain.

Original post by ilem
Totally. Summer in particular tends to drive me crazy, I'd take fall/winter over summer any day.

I couldn't agree more with both.
Reply 12
What summer? Its still just hitting 15 deg here in Scotland amidst the rain. Anyway, summer is my favourite 20 minutes of the year.
Reply 13
I hate the heat (i.e when the temperature goes above 24) and humidity, but I like the sun.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've been totally fine with this crap weather, I really don't mind. I'm like you, I can't stand intense heat or anything associated with it, such as beaches (sand ugh).

It's mostly because I have very, very fair skin. When I went to Spain last year with my mates all the locals laughed at me because I was "si blanco!" :K:
Reply 15
I like it when it's bright and sunny, but don't really enjoy the heat.

The best days are those beautiful spring/early autumn days where it's sunny and warm but with a breeze so you can actually enjoy being outside without the heat being uncomfortable.
It really doesn't bother me I love any type of weather! It's not even sunny here but it is hot however it's the type of hot sticky weather you get before a thunderstorm which is so not cool :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Flyteryder

Sometimes it does get too hot so that you can't even function or enjoy yourself anymore. I guess that's only a problem for us in this country because we're not used to it - if you lived in this kind of climate you wouldn't find it overpowering so it would probably be lovely.
Original post by AeroLB
What summer? Its still just hitting 15 deg here in Scotland amidst the rain. Anyway, summer is my favourite 20 minutes of the year.

I agree, I'm in Scotland and there hasn't been one sunny, hot day this summer. If you don't like the heat just move here!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
I absolutely hate it. The best days are when it's cold and rainy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending