The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate the sun, heat and summer?

Scroll to see replies

I have mild Seasonal affective disorder. I need more of this weather! :biggrin:
I can't seem to handle being really hot, my body can't cope with it.
I can hardly feel the cold at all, on the reverse, but the heat really gets to me. I like it when it's pleasent and nice (like summer evenings when the sun's almost down and it's just slightly cool).
i love it. when it's clear blue skies all day it's nice and warm, and when it's clear skies at night, it's nice and cool to sleep in. however what i don't like is when it's incredibly humid - it's the worst thing ever.
Reply 43
Original post by Kirsty_strachan
Agree!! Everyone stop complaining about it being hot and sunny, I would love it to be over 20C and sunny! Instead I have been stuck inside all summer because of the rain :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I could probably stand being outside much longer in the rain than in sweltering heat! :tongue:
Reply 44
I love it, the rain made me really depressed!
Original post by Flyteryder
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright...

Exactly how I feel!!! I get burnt, dont tan and I just either faint or have a massive nosebleed because Im overheating in this weather -____-
Reply 46
It's alright up to a point. Today is just a bit too hot at 25 or 26 degrees. No more than 22 or 23 is fine for me.
Reply 47
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?

are you a vampire? All it has done is rain for 3 months and you're whineing that we finally have some sun in summer?
We live in the UK for God sake, we've hardly had any this summer, appreciate it!
Reply 49
I love the sun. Everything looks better when it's sunny, and it's much easier to see (apart from when it's so bright you can barely keep your eyes open).

On the other hand I hate strong heat. And stickiness. And sweating. And sunburn. And sun cream. And hay fever. And bugs.

Best time of the year for me by far is early sunny spring, before the pollen, bugs, sweltering heat etc have come out in full force. But we haven't had a sunny spring in ages. :frown:
sometimes the heat may make my moustache frizzy, but with a little bit of moustache cream, this problem is solved.
I dislike it most of the time, but not always. Sometimes it's nice to walk around the city with a few friends, and perhaps having a drink or two in a beer garden. But those moments aren't every day.

In my opinion, the ideal weather is when it's not cold, not warm, but just right- and there's an ever-so-slight breeze going through the air. Beautiful.
I despise humidity, and I've yet to experience nice weather without it.
Where is this sun everyone is talking about, it's been overcast since january!
Reply 54
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?

I know what you mean! It can even make me slightly ill this weather! But I suppose it's better than cold, windy, rainy weather! :smile:
I don't really like this weather - well, yesterday was fine, but today, I woke up with really bad eczema...and it really does ruin your confidence, hence I don't feel like going out today
All everyone does around me is complain about the occasional rain, while I cant stand when the sun is blazing down on me, its too hot, too sunny, no breeze and you feel like youve stepped into an oven the minute you walk outside. Theres no point in showering, you just get sticky and sweaty after five minutes. Hence, cant wait to move to Scotland for uni already :smile: ah, amazing UK weather, here I come
:zomg:

Are you freaking mental?

It's glorious. I'm currently filling up my paddling pool.
Reply 58
I don't hate Summer, I love it, in fact, it's my favourite day of the Scottish year. But I love Winter! It's just the best time of the year - which I suppose is one of the advantages of living in the UK. You gotta count 'em, eh? Since they're not in abundance...
I used to but since going abroad a few times I realise British summer is NOTHING in comparison to the likes of France, Spain and the USA. I love France and I love Paris, but in the summer (especially around the river Seine/Eiffel Tower) it is absolutely BAKING. It's better to use buses/coaches over there in summer than the metro as the metro is BOILING. Spain was lovely as you always have the sea when it gets too hot, but the Balearic islands are lovely to look around so heat kind of fades to the back of your mind (that plus the fact the Spanish have excellent air conditioning systems I must say). The USA I went in October and it could still easily reach 40 in the southern states. Got to say though it is the best time of year if you intend on visiting Blizzard beach and floating around in rubber rings for much of the day - Bliss :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending