The Student Room Group

Does this look Legit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by georgetara
hi

Yeap i paid it and im here now asking if anyone got their money back and if there is a way to get the money back
was so stupid and actually paid the money and found out a bit late..well 5 days late ;/ so if anyone got a update on the matter or any info to help out please let me know..
thanks

I managed to get my money back but I did pay using my credit card so I contacted them.
Reply 61
Hi,

Mate I am doing a research in respect of iTeamSupport since I have been invited for a interview in an office next to moorgate station more precisely at 1 ropemaker st, the lady who called me is ******* the interview should take place last monday but no one turned up I've told by the receptionist to take a sit (at 9th floor) but no one turned up and I could not call ******* since the number she called was a restrict number, than I went home and email her and she booked another interview which was last friday but she canceled it and book for Monday, but after a red so many bad feedback about this company I am really worried don't even know if it is worth to go wast time and go for the interview...plus for sure I will not pay for any training given or course because now I am aware of the real situation. I just wonder if is there any authority we could report this company to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Driano
Hi,

Mate I am doing a research in respect of iTeamSupport since I have been invited for a interview in an office next to moorgate station more precisely at 1 ropemaker st, the lady who called me is ******* the interview should take place last monday but no one turned up I've told by the receptionist to take a sit (at 9th floor) but no one turned up and I could not call ******* since the number she called was a restrict number, than I went home and email her and she booked another interview which was last friday but she canceled it and book for Monday, but after a red so many bad feedback about this company I am really worried don't even know if it is worth to go wast time and go for the interview...plus for sure I will not pay for any training given or course because now I am aware of the real situation. I just wonder if is there any authority we could report this company to?

Please do not goto this interview if you value your hard earned money. Unfortunately my credit card money told me to pay the £495 as I had signed the "contract". Even though they offer you a job, they make it impossible for you to pass the exam. You can't book in mock exams with them and they put you in a unrealistic position where they trick you into thinking you can pass the exam.

Biggest scam going.
(edited 8 years ago)
anybody fancy a job? :-)

http://jobview.monster.co.uk/Entry-level-IT-Engineer-IT-Helpdesk-Support-Job-London-London-UK-146417682.aspx?jobPosition=2

they are still advertising on Monster site

I suggest everybody keep reporting them as scam to admins, link is next to advert

also keep reporting to police, link is below;

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
Reply 64
i did it (someone else paid) and i was only charged 250 and had no problem booking the mock
Reply 65
Explains why the website has ad links to some chinese made nfl jerseys on the
Original post by shokzi
i did it (someone else paid) and i was only charged 250 and had no problem booking the mock

- Did you pass mock exam?

- Did you booked and passed microsoft official exam?

- Did you get microsoft certification?

- Did you finaly get the job advertised?

Like I said before, only they offer you is mock exam in waiting noisy area, it is almost impossible to pass it and if you lucky and give correct answears then they will lie to you anyway and tell you failed.

They don't even give you their real names, so what would you expect?

If you try to contact them later they will tell you that you slander them and threat you with their alleged leagal team.

But funny enouth, nobody ever heard from their legal team. :-) :-) :-)

ITEAMSUPPORT also known as LEARNING FOR YOU LTD is possible scam on a big scale. Still advertising and misleading people to steal their money.
Reply 67
Original post by ivisiblejuju
- Did you pass mock exam?

- Did you booked and passed microsoft official exam?

- Did you get microsoft certification?

- Did you finaly get the job advertised?

Like I said before, only they offer you is mock exam in waiting noisy area, it is almost impossible to pass it and if you lucky and give correct answears then they will lie to you anyway and tell you failed.

They don't even give you their real names, so what would you expect?

If you try to contact them later they will tell you that you slander them and threat you with their alleged leagal team.

But funny enouth, nobody ever heard from their legal team. :-) :-) :-)

ITEAMSUPPORT also known as LEARNING FOR YOU LTD is possible scam on a big scale. Still advertising and misleading people to steal their money.

Well said.

I wouldnt be surprised if the earlier guy was an account set up by the scam company themselves.
Reply 68
Has anyone been able to get their money back from their credit card company? How is this scam still running if people are reporting it!
Reply 69
Original post by lamfield
Has anyone been able to get their money back from their credit card company? How is this scam still running if people are reporting it!

nope i couldnt unfortunately. they know what they are doing as the contract is set in stone
Reply 70
for those that have reported to the police...did they do anything about it? I am so annoyed!
A HUGE THANK YOU YO EVERYONE....YOUVE ALL SAVED ME! I received a phone call from this company this morning and it sounded too good to be true. Soon as I got an email from them, I decided to do my research and nothing legit comes up regarding this company. I also compared the email to a previous offer that I had received from another shady company (Cityangelsgroup.com) and they were identical. I certainly avoided a bullet, that's for sure.
its a bloody scam...

I have gone through the process and what I can guarantee is you is that you have NO chance of getting the ridiculous 80% requirement in the mock.
Why should you have to do a mock before an exam YOU are paying for with YOUR own money?

ANSWER: Its the only way to stop you from writing the main exam because there is no job to give you at the end of the day.

NOTE: I hold a masters degree in an IT-related course. So obviously I am not dull. My point is the mock exam is a trap rather than a stepping stone to any further development.

MY ADVICE: keep searching for a job. This is not a job!
I have gone through the whole process (iteamsupport.co.uk) and I'll like you to ponder over a few questions

1, how can a company willing to pay you £22,000 a year not be able to afford a reception of its own?
2, how can a lady with so many Microsoft awards (as displayed on the wall) not be able to ask a single technical question?
3, why do you have to do a mock exam before sitting for an exam YOU have paid for already?
4, did they mention that you will have to study 19 courses (with lab practicals) in one month?
5, how come the interviewer doesn't talk to anyone in the office? (she's just like a visitor like you are)
6, why are they not going for people with these certificates already?
7, why does any mail they send to you never include any costs or payment?
8, why is there pressure on you to make a payment and show commitment?
9, why do you have to get 80% is a mock exam before you can proceed?
10, is there really a chance of getting 80% in the mock exam?
11, I have done the mock exam. what do you think of an IT organisation that hands you used question papers, an answer sheet, and a pen for a multiple-choice exam? what happened to dumps?
12, the company website advertises 1st line IT support which I am familiar with. Do you really think 1st line IT support requires server installation and configuration?
13, how come they don't have a list of their 'clients' on their website? isn't that something that can boost their reputation?
14, how come they are so conscious of what people say about them on the internet? is there really something to worry about?
15, why cant they let you get the certificate from outside and just resume on the job?
16, is the mock really a stepping stone or a death trap? (having tried it, I'll go for the latter).

OVERALL ADVICE: looking for a job means you are looking for a source of income. And not advertising yourself as a source of income.

Regards.
Original post by lamfield
for those that have reported to the police...did they do anything about it? I am so annoyed!

Police doesn't normaly tell what they are doing, while they are investigating or gathering information. You know it later from the news.

Point is, that the more people keep reporting this scam, the more serious it becomes for police to look deeper into the case.

So anybody scammed or even attempted to be scammed should report them to police.
To be honest, if you guys are falling for this 'job', then you deserve to be exploited.

Get some common sense and don't take the bait with these scams.
Original post by King Leonidas
To be honest, if you guys are falling for this 'job', then you deserve to be exploited.

Get some common sense and don't take the bait with these scams.

Judge yourself before you judge others

You get common sense and keep your mouth shut if you have nothing valuable to say

You wouldn't be here on this thread if you have no interest in it

How can you say to the victims of scam that they deserve it?

If you think you are better, than anybody else because you luckily avoided to be scammed, only because you read this formum before getting scammed by them. You avoided it, because of those who you fall into it before you and warned you, and now you say they deserved it.

You are a fool, and you do what fools do. Thats why don't be too proud of yourself, if you never been scammed, there must be first time for you. That time you may not be so fortunate having read warning from those who you now say they deserved to be scammed.
Original post by ivisiblejuju
Judge yourself before you judge others

You get common sense and keep your mouth shut if you have nothing valuable to say

You wouldn't be here on this thread if you have no interest in it

How can you say to the victims of scam that they deserve it?

If you think you are better, than anybody else because you luckily avoided to be scammed, only because you read this formum before getting scammed by them. You avoided it, because of those who you fall into it before you and warned you, and now you say they deserved it.

You are a fool, and you do what fools do. Thats why don't be too proud of yourself, if you never been scammed, there must be first time for you. That time you may not be so fortunate having read warning from those who you now say they deserved to be scammed.

I came across this scam years ago and walked out of the door the second they asked for a penny.

That was my common sense, it's such a precious thing.

Also, your English is very poor.
Original post by King Leonidas
I came across this scam years ago and walked out of the door the second they asked for a penny.

That was my common sense, it's such a precious thing.

Also, your English is very poor.

Thank you, however you understand it enough. Therefore, ones again I may direct you to the second line of my previous statement.
Original post by Bison Jones
A HUGE THANK YOU YO EVERYONE....YOUVE ALL SAVED ME! I received a phone call from this company this morning and it sounded too good to be true. Soon as I got an email from them, I decided to do my research and nothing legit comes up regarding this company. I also compared the email to a previous offer that I had received from another shady company (Cityangelsgroup.com) and they were identical. I certainly avoided a bullet, that's for sure.

Cityangelsgroup.com is run by same people as LEARNING FOR YOU and ITEAMSUPPORT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending