Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR hits 1 million members: What first brought you to TSR?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    TSR has hit 1 millions members! :woo:

In a series of threads, we're asking... What first brought you to TSR? and what made you sign up?

The most popular response we usually hear is people coming from Google for Study Help advice... is this the same as you?

Check out our other million member threads:

I first came to TSR when I was studying my A-levels because everyone was coming here to discuss The Importance of Being Earnest - a great way to get everyone's thoughts on the topic and I reckon it contributed to my education at that point massively. Now I'm just here to provide advice to those going to uni because I've been there, done it, and got the t-shirt. Love this forum!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow who cares.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was googiling questions education related, found that this site is always coming up and it's helpful, made an account, joined.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Past papers made me come here" :rolleyes:
    Most fake lie :rofl:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was like...2007? Something for AS psychology I think as everytime I googled something it came up again and again. Rarely on here now as i'm no longer a student- but it's seen me through 3 a-levels and a 1st class degree
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was researching for days about applying to oxbridge and all my questions seemed to come up in this website called 'the student room' anyway after days went by and me realising that tsr seemed a decent website i checked it out a bit more then signed up..
    • 3 followers

To moan about discuss my awful GCSE timetable. :teehee:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The aftermath of my first summer exam last month. Damm you AQA physics

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    Help with exams and medicine application process
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Google. Amusedly, I wasn't looking for a student website, having long since graduated, but merely came across it from a somewhat unrelated search.
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Google. Amusedly, I wasn't looking for a student website, having long since graduated, but merely came across it from a somewhat unrelated search.
    Why did you stay then?
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Why did you stay then?
    Initially, I decided that I could offer my own experience for those aspiring to enter my sector of work, and specifically from an academic angle, how to achieve that. However, if I'm honest, it's unlikely I would have continued offering advice had it not been for the members I met socially in the Anime Society, which fuelled my obsession with TSR. Regrettably, I seldom offer advice anymore and predominately interact with said members. It's actually something of a rarity that I'm posting elsewhere (this thread).
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Initially, I decided that I could offer my own experience for those aspiring to enter my sector of work, and specifically from an academic angle, how to achieve that. However, if I'm honest, it's unlikely I would have continued offering advice had it not been for the members I met socially in the Anime Society, which fuelled my obsession with TSR. Regrettably, I seldom offer advice anymore and predominately interact with said members. It's actually something of a rarity that I'm posting elsewhere (this thread).
    Interesting
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still not as popular as Charlie McDonnell

He has 1,537,798 subscribers.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    How I got here: I was looking for mark schemes or past exam papers using google, and then I found this site.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Still not as popular as Charlie McDonnell

He has 1,537,798 subscribers/
    Just give it time
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I was looking for information on Orthoptics since it isn't a hugely popular course and I was struggling to find any in-depth information about how often you go on placements and things like that.

Came across a thread about it, asked some questions and then never left, (despite several moments of 'I hate this place'.)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even here for educational purposes - although it may be necessary in the future... I just came for the chat.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    becox it where we students are
    All thanxs to google ^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I googled 'lonely and miserable during fresher's week' and about a million TSR threads came up :emo:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 21, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.