The Student Room Group

Lottery - Have you or close family won it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
One of my uncles won a lot but I'm not sure how often he played or what his numbers were etc. I was quite young at the time so don't really remember it but apparently he blew the lot on big houses and sports cars and then kept spending when the money was gone. He then had to get rid of everything he'd bought and move into a house smaller than the one he had in the first place to pay off the debt.

Unfortunately this attitude to money seems to have rubbed off on my cousin (his daughter) who was also young at the time and now feels a need to spend money as soon as she gets it. To the point where if she gets paid a few days before her rent is due she can't just leave it there until the rent goes out.
Reply 41
Im going to do it this friday so wish me luck! My sister won £40 on a scratch card but thats it really..
Reply 42
Original post by aliluvschoc
I fully intend to win both the lottery and the £1 million raffle this week.

Just thought I'd let you know beforehand. :tongue:

Original post by AverageExcellence
Im going to be rich! rich beyond my wildest dreams this friday!!!!!

Only one of you can win! Which one is it, so I know who is my new best friend :wink:
Original post by Junaid96
Here's a more detailed answer:

Nope. Probably because neither I or a family member, have bought a ticket before. I like orange juice.

What did you expect?

House, car, degree, pension. There :smile:

I was looking for the people I specified in the OP. What on Earth am I going to glean from responses that answer in the negative - really, those are wastes of posts.
Original post by syrettd
Only one of you can win! Which one is it, so I know who is my new best friend :wink:

Actually, this Friday records wont be broken, they will be shattered into a Million pieces.... as the national lottery is going to make 100 UK millionaires.
I am not really a big spender (I am not tight either). And if I do have that some of money I will probably give 90% of it to charity, hopefully most of it to Somalia/rest of Africa.
Reply 46
Original post by JamalAhmed
Actually, this Friday records wont be broken, they will be shattered into a Million pieces.... as the national lottery is going to make 100 UK millionaires.

Or someone with 100 tickets freaking rich!
Reply 47
Yes, Numbers but did not have enough to buy a ticket. This was back in 1994 or 1995
My moms friend did, her son was in my class in Year 3/4 and next thing I knew they were moving to Cyprus! I don't think mom's heard much from her since.

My parents also won 2k on the lottery when I was younger, it paid a holiday to Florida. :colondollar:
Original post by UniversalAutocrat
I was looking for the people I specified in the OP. What on Earth am I going to glean from responses that answer in the negative - really, those are wastes of posts.

Hopefully that the lottery is a waste of money :smile: You'd stand more chance of striking rich by investing in small companies. Invest £2000 (what you'd probably spend on lottery tickets) in a small company, and the probability of them becoming as big as facebook (and you therefore becoming absolutely minted, more so than if you won the lottery) is higher than you ever winning the lottery.

But you probably already knew that :smile:
I want to know someone who has :mmm:
Grandparents once won about three grand :smile:
Original post by .eXe
I won -50 dollars. Bought ten tickets. Matched no more than 2 numbers per ticket. Sad weekend that was.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy Nexus

What film is the gif in your sig from? It's scaring me ****less
Reply 53
A few family members have won £10. Nothing more though.
My Dad won £50,000 but this was a while ago now in about 1998. I'm not sure on the numbers, but he played regurlarly.
Reply 55
My dad worked with someone who won the Lotto quite a few years ago. After the news it was the last he ever heard of him. I intend to win a million this week... if I'm ever going to win it's now.
I don't know anybody who has won anything on it. I have never bought a ticket myself, and i never will, there are a thousand better things i can spend a pound on each week. Somebody did give me a ticket as a birthday present once. I threw it straight in the bin.
Reply 57
Original post by Greenlaner
I don't know anybody who has won anything on it. I have never bought a ticket myself, and i never will, there are a thousand better things i can spend a pound on each week. Somebody did give me a ticket as a birthday present once. I threw it straight in the bin.

:facepalm:Have won any, yes? simple.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 58
The mother won £3k or so a few years ago other than that not a sausage :rolleyes: there is a rumour one of the families in the village won it as they somehow managed to go from a modest semi detached house to a very large countyr home a few miles away...
I've won it 3 times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending