The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What actually is it?
Reply 2
I believe it's a secret society for the supposedly twelve cleverest Cambridge students. Apparently however, it favours homosexuals and Marxists.

How true that is, one will never know.
Reply 3
If they did, would we tell you? :p:
Why not?
Reply 5
Helenia
If they did, would we tell you? :p:

You might be as much in the dark as me however :biggrin:
Reply 6
If they do still exist, they're an ultra-secretive society. Anybody who would know would surely not be able to tell you...
Reply 7
Yes we do.

Oops.
Reply 8
if it did exist, how on earth would you pick the twelve cleverest students. i mean, those doing different subjects will be better at different things. how do you compare someone doing english and someone doing maths? and who decides who those people are anyway? surely they dont self-appoint themselves.
Reply 9
i think it's supposed to be the people who come top of the tripos in their subject....
Reply 10
And you probably have to be male. That's how secret societies tend to work.

In all seriousness, I haven't got a clue. I've never heard even a whisper of it anywhere but on TSR.
Rule One of the Apostles: Don't mention the Apostles...

By the way, I'm planning on writing a book on them, as they are guarding the true secret of the bloodline of *insert name of secret religious figure here* and then making shedloads of cash from it, and then have a movie made from it.

So there.
Reply 13
FadeToBlackout
Rule One of the Apostles: Don't mention the Apostles...

By the way, I'm planning on writing a book on them, as they are guarding the true secret of the bloodline of *insert name of secret religious figure here* and then making shedloads of cash from it, and then have a movie made from it.

So there.

Is this the Da Vinci code conspiracy theory? Are they like the Knights Templar?
Reply 14
11 A/a*?
Reply 15
drsmeeth
11 A/a*?

?:confused:?
I asked my DoS last year if they did, and indeed they do; however, they are no longer prestigious in any way, just a dull conversation society with occassional meetings and speakers. This decadence is perhaps reflected by the fact that nobody these days has heard of them.

Incidentally, I didn't think membership was limited to 12: you simply had to be invited to join by a member and then to attend a meeting, where the others would 'pass' you. Perhaps there are only 12 'active' members and the rest are 'angels'.

Shower of w**nkers.
Reply 17
Willa
i think it's supposed to be the people who come top of the tripos in their subject....

Haha, I can imagine that...

Apostle 1: "Shall we have a secret meeting tonight?"
Apostle 2: "Nah, Ive got some extra reading I need to do."
Apostle 3: "Yeah, me too..."
Apostle 1: "Hey, where are all the other apostles anyway?"
Apostle 2: "In the library."

It's no wonder no one's heard of them. :rolleyes:
Reply 18
sTe\/o
Haha, I can imagine that...

Apostle 1: "Shall we have a secret meeting tonight?"
Apostle 2: "Nah, Ive got some extra reading I need to do."
Apostle 3: "Yeah, me too..."
Apostle 1: "Hey, where are all the other apostles anyway?"
Apostle 2: "In the library."

It's no wonder no one's heard of them. :rolleyes:

:rofl:
Arthur Henry Hallam was a member (the AHH of Tennyson's In Memoriam) and so was Tennyson himself. Interestingly, Hallam sounds like he'd have been even more successful than most of his Cambridge contemporaries, but he died young (obviously).

Latest

Trending

Trending