The Student Room Group

No ID and need to do CRB check

i have no valid passport or a drivers licence, and need to send off my crb check for my QTS course in september, does anyone know what i need to do? i dont know what i can and cant use, i need to have all my ID verified at the post office and them sign them off as good so that i can get it done. but i dont know what to actually use... i dont know if i make much sense. how long would my passport take to come back if i sent it to be renewed? when i went for my interview at sheffield hallam i used a photograph of myself signed by the person who did my reference this was ok, would it be for this?
from the CRB website (http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/agencies-public-bodies/CRB/crb-application-form-guidance/id-checking-guide ):

How many documents must be provided?
At least three documents must be provided:
If the applicant can produce a document from group one, three documents must be seen in total - one document from group one plus any two from groups one or two.
If the applicant cannot produce a group one document, five documents from group two must be seen.
List of Valid Identity Documents
Group 1
Passport
EU National Identity Card
Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) / Biometric residence permit
Driving Licence (UK) (Full or provisional) Isle of Man /Channel Islands; either photocard or paper (a photo card is only valid if the individual presents it with the associated counterpart licence; except Jersey)
Birth Certificate (UK & Channel Islands) - issued within 12 months of date of birth full or short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
HM Forces ID Card (UK)
Firearms Licence (UK)
Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
Group 2
Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
Birth Certificate
Vehicle Registration Document (Document V5 old style and V5C new style only)
National Insurance Card / letter (UK & Channel Islands)
NHS Card/Letter (UK & Channel Islands)
Connexions Card; including those cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK & Channel Islands)
General Medical Council (GMC) Certificate
Mail Order Catalogue Statement*
Bank/Building Society Statement*
Utility Bill* - electricity, gas, water, telephone including mobile phone contract/bill Exam Certificate e.g. GCSE, NVQ, O Levels, Degree
Documentation issued by Court Services*
Addressed Payslip *
Credit Card Statement *
Store Card Statement *
ID checking process guidance v.7 - 5 -
Benefit Statement* - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*: e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
Letter from a Head Teacher*
Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA
P45/P60 Statement **(UK & Channel Islands)
Court Claim Form** (UK)
TV Licence**
Mortgage Statement **
Insurance Certificate **
Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands) **
Work Permit/Visa (UK) **
CRB, Disclosure Scotland and ISA Certificate (UK)**
GMC Registration Certificates now form part of the Group 2 authentication documentation accepted by the CRB. It should be noted that information on these certificates becomes outdated rapidly. Up to date information about a doctor’s registration status can be obtained by checking the List of Registered Medical Practitioners at http://www.gmc-uk.org/
One of the following documents from the United Kingdom Borders Agency (UKBA) (formerly the Immigration and Nationality Directorate IND) (UK):
Do not use more than one of the following documents - this list is subject to amendment.
Convention Travel Document (CTD) - Blue
Stateless Person’s Document (SPD) - Red
Certificate of Travel (CIT) - Brown (Formerly Certificate of Identity)
Application Registration Card (ARC)
Immigration Status Document (ISD)
Certificate of British Nationality (UK)
At least one document must confirm the applicant’s current address and at least one document must confirm the applicant’s date of birth.

But if you're sending to your uni first then it is probably best to contact them about what they would like.
Reply 2
Why don't you invest in a passport or driving license... It's good to have ID anyway incase of banks etc its all of £60-£90 to get one, think of it an investment into your own future :wink:
Personally I can't live without a passport
Hi I am starting uni in sept and need to do a CRB I just posted my documents off this week to the uni because I came back from holiday this week, and the crb may be delayed and won't come before results day (16th aug) from past experiences they take aaaaages to come, so does anyone know if this means i won't know whether i got into uni on the 16th and will have to wait until the crb comes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending