Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jesus was a Muslim, claims U.S. religions professor

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Well no. Judaism started with Abraham, so Adam wasn't a Jew.

And I wouldn't say Christianity is a denomination of Judaism. It is more a sister religion. The Jews do not believe that Christ was the Messiah, which is the most fundamental belief in Christianity. Neither is Islam a 'denomination' of Judaism.
    its an extension of the religion:

for example:
    christians:
    1 jews
    2 roman catholics
    3 catholics and protestants
    4 catholics protestants methodists, evanglicals etc etc

that is how the religion evolved, islam and christianity evolved from judaism its just some anti semetic people who dont want to admit that
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cattty)
    its an extension of the religion:

for example:
    christians:
    1 jews
    2 roman catholics
    3 catholics and protestants
    4 catholics protestants methodists, evanglicals etc etc

that is how the religion evolved, islam and christianity evolved from judaism its just some anti semetic people who dont want to admit that
    It would be wrong to say that Catholicism is an extension of Judaism.
    An extension would be them sharing at least some beliefs. But what they disagree on is the most fundamental belief in Christianity.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The truth is, in the arabic language, anyone who believes in "one god" is a muslim.

A person who believes that their god is the one and only god is a muslim but not automatically someone who believes in the the god of abraham.

If someone decided to do away with the pantheon in greek myth and now claim that zeus is the one god, that would make them muslim in the arabic language.

Therefore, people who believe in a false god also are muslims too, because the word muslim is generic just like the word allah. By a person saying they believe in "god" does that mean that they recognize the same god as someone else who also believes in "god"? of course it doesnt. If a person believes that satan is the one and only god they also would be technically a muslim in the arabic language.

Now, the way how you find out which muslims believe in which gods is to study the teachings of that god. If one god says doing a particular thing is an abomination, and another god orders its muslims to do this abomination, clearly they do not believe in the same god even though both are technically defined as muslims in the arabic language.

The biblical God YHWH:
    If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the LORD. Do not bring sin upon the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance. Deut 24:1-4

The koranic god allah:
    And if he divorces her, she shall thereafter not be lawful unto him unless she first takes another man for husband; then, if the latter divorces her, there shall be no sin upon either of the two if they return to one another. M.asad. Sura 2.230

If he, the husband, divorces her, after the two utterances [of divorce]; she shall not be lawful to him after that, after the third [utterance of] divorce, until she marries another husband, who has sexual intercourse with her, as reported by the two Shaykhs [Bukhārī and Muslim]. Sura 2.230. TAFSIR AL JALALAYN. http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...0&LanguageId=2

Can I remarry my first husband in this case?" Allah's Apostle said, "It is unlawful to marry your first husband till the other husband consummates his marriage with you." (sahih bukari. Book #63, Hadith #190) http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHad...rch_word=exact

"Allah curses the man who marries a woman after her divorce solely to permit her first husband to remarry her and He curses the first husband as well.” http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=112&chapter=8

MUHUMMADS muslims, claiming that jesus was a muslim is no less than someone trying to pick your pocket.

Shedinger also argued that Islam is a better fit for Jesus since it is not a religion but a “social justice movement.”
    lol!

Notice no argument was produced.

Who is a Muslim?

Who is Allah?

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Prof at the College of Nowhereseville U.S.A
    This says it all really. We don't listen to The Islamic university of Muslimabad when it comes to historical matters so why should we listen to some equally kooky unknown U.S bible belt college?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It is utterly perplexing how a thread advocating a viewpoint so palpably absurd could receive so many positive ratings. Clearly, TSR's cyber-Jihad is in full swing here.

Of course Jesus was not a Muslim, and it is astounding how anyone could expound such an insanely idiotic idea (though I see posters like the ironically-named Truthman is arguing semantics in that 'anyone who believes in God is a Muslim' which is just tenuous at best). I mean, seriously...

On a side note, could you imagine the uproar if somebody even suggested Muhammad was a Christian?

My response to this thread is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harmonic Minor)
    It is utterly perplexing how a thread advocating a viewpoint so palpably absurd could receive so many positive ratings.

Clearly TSR's cyber-Jihad is in full swing here.

On a side note, could you imagine the uproar if somebody even suggested Muhammad was a Christian?
    What's funny is that this thread has been allowed to go on even though it suggests something totally nonsensical and not even discussion worthy. The OP started it merely to antagonize Christians. If someone started a Mohammad is a Christian thread...it would get shut down before the 5th post and warnings would be flying all over the place. Makes me wonder about the moderation on these forums sometimes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    What's funny is that this thread has been allowed to go on even though it suggests something totally nonsensical and not even discussion worthy. The OP started it merely to antagonize Christians. If someone started a Mohammad is a Christian thread...it would get shut down before the 5th post and warnings would be flying all over the place. Makes me wonder about the moderation on these forums sometimes.
    To be honest this is actually nothing new since Islamic theology actually seeks to retrospectively usurp Christianity's place as the premier monotheism by claiming that all of its major figures/prophets were in fact Muslim, and that Christians have subsequently misinterpreted/distorted their own texts.

It's just one of the many aspects which make Islam such an aggressive and arrogant teaching.

From what I can gather, the OP's argument is an extremely tenuous semantic one, though is probably combined with the Islamic theology mentioned above. Hardly worth anybody's time and certainly not worthy of more positive ratings than negative ones (nor does the first poster who pointed out the flaw with this 'theory' deserve more negative than positive).
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harmonic Minor)
    To be honest this is actually nothing new since Islamic theology actually seeks to retrospectively usurp Christianity's place as the premier monotheism by claiming that all of its major figures/prophets were in fact Muslim, and that Christians have subsequently misinterpreted/distorted their own texts.

It's just one of the many aspects which make Islam such an aggressive and arrogant teaching.

From what I can gather, the OP's argument is an extremely tenuous semantic one, though is probably combined with the Islamic theology mentioned above. Hardly worth anybody's time and certainly not worthy of more positive ratings than negative ones (nor does the first poster who pointed out the flaw with this 'theory' deserve more negative than positive).
    Yes it's a pointless exercise either way. But to be honest, I have found an even more ridiculous proposition by the thread starter. He actually believes that Mohammad was mentioned in the Bible :lol:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Schedinger says (a) Islam is a social justice movement; (b) Jesus was a social justice mover; thereore Jesus and Islam share things in common.

This is completely unnecessary, and shows Schedinger's unsurprising Christian shortsightedness (and probable over-liberalism). Jesus was a Jew, and Judaism is completely in line with his conception of "social justice mover". Jews have always been at the forefront of progressive politics, barring the orthodox nutjobs who insist on claiming country that isn't theirs (who anyway only really came into any sort of relevance with the advent of political Zionism in the 1800s), and for Schedinger to feel the need to associate Islam with Jesus is like saying "yes, Spiderman must be an Avenger because he's all about justice and stuff" when the Avengers came about AFTER Spiderman and we know Spiderman is about justice because of Uncle Ben's death and ****.

Sorry, terrible analogy, but I'm very tired. It's still more cogent than Perseveranze's brain defecations.
    I'm amazed that you would call Judaism a "social justice mover", and list things like "progressive politics". Didn't you even learn about basic Islamic History in your RE class? Do I really need to talk about "pre-Arabia Islam" and "post-Arabia Islam"?

There's no religion, no movement (that I can think of), that made the kind of Social justice impact, that Islam did when it first arrived. Not long after you had things like Child benefits, free education, medical benefits and so on. For the first time, there was a very organized, collective movement that was designed to spread designated wealth towards the poor and needy. Absolutely countless reforms.

So I can perfectly understand what Schedinger is talking about, who unlike someone here, isn't an Atheist-hate monger.

ps. Yes, terrible analogy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Christianity, Judaism, Islam thay have the Basis of one Message
    Which is to worship one Lord with no partner The names are different but the lord is one ( god ,ALLAh , ) The whole names Indicate to the same god who create the universe, plants, animals and bacteria and everything .
    The thing is God created Adam and Eve And of course they believe that there is one Lord and didnt Worship Anything other than God After many generations People began to worship (Fetish , idol, Statue , something thay make from stone and worship it with god or with out god ) so thay worship something Does not deserve worship and cant create anything so god Send the prophets and Messenger to Telling people that what they're doing is wrong and they should worship the only God Who created all things ,There are messengers sent Messengers for each nation Every Messenger and Prophet told his people the same message but some of them were killed or some of his people Did not believe him and some did , And every prophet and messenger came with evidence , and holy book , some of the prophets and Messengers are Muhammad and Jesus and Moses and Abraham and Adam, and Joseph and Yunis and Ismail and Isaac and Jacob and many others, some mentioned in the Holy books ( quraan ,the Torah, the Gospel ) and some did not mentioned , and thay all came with the same Message which is to worship god alone .
    When he came Jesus, the son of Mary Came with the same message to worship of God alone and he can do Miracles to prove that he is a prophet
    and his book was the Bible , After many years some of people change and reWriting the book and the same Happened with the Torah Then God sent the
    last Messenger (muhammad ) all human beings and promise to Protect the last book from Change ,And the evidence that a lot of time passed and no one can or did change it .

In the Torah and the Bible Muhammad is mentioned whatch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLK4KIFSHBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uCsP...feature=relmfu

so its all Connected

the bible of today is Different from the original And does not carry the same message the same for torah.
    I like to confirm that there are some Groups They say they follow Islam, but all they do is Different and wrong and if you want to ask about eslam Read the Koran and search for translation book trustworthy and then u can tell that thay are doing some thing is not eslamic .

i hope u git the point, My fingers Hurts, Please do not hesitate to ask or clarify

have a good day all

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.