The Student Room Group

Failing Masters element on a PGDE- what happens?

Hi

Sorry to start on a negative note -but i'm having a last minute panic.

I know that on a normal PGCE, if you were to not pass the MA level parts, you still get the PGCE but the 'P' stands for 'Professional' not 'Post Gradudate'.

However, Birmingham University in their infinite wisdom, have changed the title of their course over to a PGDE ( PG Dip Ed), to reflect that 120 credits are at MA level.

Does anyone know what happens if you fail the MA credits on a PGDE? Does it have a bigger impact? i.e can you still obtain any kind of qualification?

I'm just worried that I won't be good enough at writing Essays at MA level.
Reply 1
Original post by smartarse1983

However, Birmingham University in their infinite wisdom, have changed the title of their course over to a PGDE ( PG Dip Ed), to reflect that 120 credits are at MA level.

Sorry to hear you're in such a situation; can't help you out I'm afraid. But the bolded part is :teehee:
I had the same worries last year but just work hard at your assignments and you'll pass. I only managed a 2:ii on my undergrad and I passed all masters elements by much more than I ever thought! If I can, anyone can. :smile:

The university may have the same concerns so will be pushing everyone to pass to justify the change of the course title.

You'll be fine, I found on my course the people who were really worried and concerned about passing M level tried much harder and got better results than others who were confident. Just work hard and heed your tutors advice!

Good luck on the course!
At my uni you could still be recommended for QTS even if you did not pass your assignments at Ma level.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending