Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fake nails

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got some fake nails done, they're the white tips ones. It'll be 2 weeks on this Friday and I got told to come back every 2 weeks to get infills. I've not had any come off (yet!) and just wondered if anyone had any sucess with waiting 3 weeks. Gotta try and get as long as possible lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get mine done every 3 weeks as they start to look abit scruffy but they will last 4 .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    what happened to your real ones?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dezz21)
    I get mine done every 3 weeks as they start to look abit scruffy but they will last 4 .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Wow that is great. Yeah the over hang is starting to look a bit gross underneath haha.

That's good to know I wasn't sure, I hope I don't pull any off in the mean time
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    what happened to your real ones?
    They're hidden in shame underneath myu fake ones as they are useless and don't grow very well. Tried loads of different things on them and they don't grow so I finally thought I'd give false ones a go
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When you say fake ones, do you mean acrylic or gel nails as apposed the false ones you can buy from the shop? Only asking because I used to get acrylic ones done at a salon and I know they are quite expensive to keep up as I needed them changing every 3 weeks but recently I tried the false ones at the shop and they seem to be much better for me as I can stick them on myself whenever I feel like it and if any break or fall off, I can replace or re-glue them. Plus I dont have a problem with over hang as when this happens I just take them off and put them back on in the right place. Just an idea for you to save a bit of cash
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually bought some false nails off eBay a while ago, and they were a lot better than I expected. They were a steal, too; less than £4 for a few hundred. They don't last too long, a few days at the most, but they're so cheap and easy to put on, I didn't really mind. I'd have a look on there, it's a lot better than you might think!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eugh. Fake nails look disgusting.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do not get fake nails that you stick on yourself :eek: I can't believe people are actually recommending that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Eugh. Fake nails look disgusting.
    Not always... Some do, and personally I think really long false nails look awful. Some are nice though.

Edit; I get a negative rating for having an opinion? Good to know.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I HATE fake nails, I have never had them.
    They look very ugly and cheap
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simibean)
    I HATE fake nails, I have never had them.
    They look very ugly and cheap
    how can you hate them if you've never had them??

and to others who have said they are really bad, in my experience they're not and I have false nails pretty much all the time, if you look after them they last longer than you think actually

negative rater - wow really can't have an opinion then?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekchic664)
    how can you hate them if you've never had them??

and to others who have said they are really bad, in my experience they're not and I have false nails pretty much all the time, if you look after them they last longer than you think actually
    they look disgusting on other people. I am much happy with my natural nails
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well mine seem to look pretty nice and they are definitely a good alternative for me to my natural nails as i have a tendancy to bite them when im worried so they are great for me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Do not get fake nails that you stick on yourself :eek: I can't believe people are actually recommending that
    I'm not considering fake nails, and just clicked on here out of curiosity, so know nothing about fake nails. But what's wrong with ones you stick on yourself? I'm just curious about it
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    I'm not considering fake nails, and just clicked on here out of curiosity, so know nothing about fake nails. But what's wrong with ones you stick on yourself? I'm just curious about it
    They're the sort of thing an 11 year old would wear to 'feel grown up' If you're going to get fake nails, get them done at a salon where they'll look decent (ish - depending on what type you opt for)

EDIT: When you get them done by a professional, it's not just a case of sticking them on, they actually build up the nail (with fibre glass ones at least - not sure about others as fibre glass are the only ones I've had)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Actually if you have a little bit of skill in nails they can be just as nice doing them from home as at a salon and you dont have to pay the ridiculous price for them and also if you get professional false nails from the shop rather than the cheap packs of 24 or so, they are a good strength and will last for quite a while
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I once tried to do them from home a good few years ago and I kept catching them and ripping them off within a day or 2, and I've just started a new job so thought I'd just treat myself.
    I know people who do do them themselves and credit to them they look good, I just don't have the time to practice which is what I ideally do really need to do, plus I like the patterns they put on them etc.
    Yeah I get french tips done with a nail art on, I ended up getting them re done after 2 weeks only because I'd started with them a bit long to start with so after 2 weeks I was about poking my eye out lol. So went back had them done and will wait 3 weeks.
    Natural nails also look lovely, especially some of the pictures that are posted in the NOTD thread, I am majorly jealous by some of the people's talents at nail art on that.
    Each to their own I guess

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 3, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.