Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Boy, 11, boards plane to Italy at Manchester Airport without passport

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    BBC News Story

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    That is bizarre but the kid also sounds like a bit of a legend.

Also really not surprised that this happened on Jet2...

ReputationRep:
    babies day out epic!

ReputationRep:
    Defrauding an airline company of like £60? The bastard!

Something Must Be Done.

ReputationRep:
    Is it that home alone kid?

ReputationRep:
    Haha what a hero!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Well, I bet he didn't get further than the head count (they count the passengers and check they match the number of boarding cards) before departure.
    If you'd actually read the article (or even taken a look at it) you would have seen that he was only noticed when the plane was in mid-air.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, this would be easier for a child than an adult.

And TBF, this is coming from a country with boarder agency staff that think Bangladesh is in the EU!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    If you'd actually read the article (or even taken a look at it) you would have seen that he was only noticed when the plane was in mid-air.
    Yes, I didn't look at the article. I merely relied on what is supposed to happen as a safeguard to make sure no one is on the plane who shouldn't be. But then, you aren't supposed to be able to get on a plane without a passport either, so if the first check was lax, it's not surprising that the second one was likely to be just so.

In any case, there will be some flight attendants losing their jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Running away from home all the way to Rome hahaha epic. His parents must be fuming.

Wonder what he would have done if he had managed to enter the country!

ReputationRep:
    I am reassured that he couldn't possibly have posed a security risk - it's not like he could have carried forbidden articles onto the flight or anything.

It just astounds me that he went through both security and the departure gate as well.

ReputationRep:
    What must he have been doing on the plane that made passengers suspicious? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    This is not the first time a child has been able to do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Well, I bet he didn't get further than the head count (they count the passengers and check they match the number of boarding cards) before departure.
    He was stopped mid-air, I hear...

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about the airline- how ragin are his parents right now!? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the border agency decided to strike counter to what the media is saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tk1993)
    What must he have been doing on the plane that made passengers suspicious? :eek:
    Interesting question :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Legen... wait for it.... Dary!

ReputationRep:
    I think the issue here is what would've happened if this kid was a terrorist oranisation's bomb mule.

Questions definitely need to be asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tk1993)
    LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.