Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I hang onto this friend?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I've known this friend for 4 years roughly and in that time they've only talked to me when their looking something [wants relationship advice]! This person has continuously lied to me, for example, he cheated on this girl- told me that he had informed the girl of his wrong doing and yet the girl wanted to get back together with him, a few weeks later he was at a party with his new lass, and, text me to tell me they were given each other dirty looks! I replied it was hardly surprising considering that you've brought the girl you were cheating on her with to the party....He said I never told the girl I was cheating on her! Why did he lie and deceive me??
    Also on facebook if I comment on his statuses he always ignores them!! but replies to other people!...and I can only see his status updates on his facebook! What's he trying to hide?! Should I move on with my life?? and find new friends??
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kels488)
    Hey!
    I've known this friend for 4 years roughly and in that time they've only talked to me when their looking something [wants relationship advice]! This person has continuously lied to me, for example, he cheated on this girl- told me that he had informed the girl of his wrong doing and yet the girl wanted to get back together with him, a few weeks later he was at a party with his new lass, and, text me to tell me they were given each other dirty looks! I replied it was hardly surprising considering that you've brought the girl you were cheating on her with to the party....He said I never told the girl I was cheating on her! Why did he lie and deceive me??
    Also on facebook if I comment on his statuses he always ignores them!! but replies to other people!...and I can only see his status updates on his facebook! What's he trying to hide?! Should I move on with my life?? and find new friends??
    Confront him friendly but if you think he is lying to you again the MOVE ON. You definitely dont want a friend who lies and decieves you :notcool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Onwards and upwards.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't exactly sound like the kind of 'friend' you want in your life. Someone isn't a friend when they lie/ignore/deceive you.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kels488)
    Hey!
    Reminds me of the scum which I've had to delete from my life.
    You can give them as many chances as you want, but a leopard cannot change its spots.
    Maybe give up on him and find people who are actually nice?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Doesn't exactly sound like the kind of 'friend' you want in your life. Someone isn't a friend when they lie/ignore/deceive you.
    Thanks!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I confronted him last christmas (probably not the best time to do it- agreed)about lying to me, he completely went off the handle-saying that it was irrelevant as it happened a year ago! [maybe so it did happen in 2010] but its been annoying me ever since! he wouldnt give a straight answer about why he lied to me!! 'I was told to f off, it was pathetic and that he couldn't be arsed anymore!' Nice huh??!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Charming! What good aspects are there to this friendship? Your posts don't seem to indicate any.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    there's not any! It would just be nice if he acknowledged that he lied to me!!! He's such a user, annoying!!!!! what to do??!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.