The Student Room Group

Wanted: a lip balm that actually works

Scroll to see replies

Try any of the Boy Shop sticks (not the ones in pots). The Vitamin E one is good, as is the honey one and the cocoa butter one.
Reply 61
carmex is def the best, works miracles & tastes uber luvly...
Reply 62
morningtheft
Burt's Bees is amazing

(anyone know where you can buy some in London? I buy a few sticks when I go home for the holidays in America.)

my burt's bees i got from john lewis, the department store but i've also seen it in health food shops so look for somewhere like holland & barrett, they might have it in there.
Reply 63
Thanks for the replies, everyone! Loads of suggestions for my stupidly dry lips.... since I last posted on this thread, have tried a couple of the suggestions:

Chapstick (as a gel in a tube, not a stick) - this one's been really good actually, although quite a lot like Carmex, Blistex, etc...but as a gel it seems to be better :smile:
Body shop pots - smell gorgeous, but just don't work, sorry!
Body shop vitamin E stick - this one's nice, but the effect doesn't seem to last very long? But I haven't had it long at all, so not really given it a fair chance!

next to try: Lush ones, and Burt Bees..... I feel like a guinea pig!! :p:
Blistex Relief Cream is definitely the best!!
Reply 65
laurenlauren
If you want a good lipbalm go for Lush's "whip stick" which is a chocolate lip balm. Its deliciously yummy and really works.

Totally - if you're going to try Lush then this is a top contender. I had a pot which lasted me months. I now have Honey Trap which is so good that I keep it in my pocket ALL the time - bereft without it.
Reply 66
Try baby lips by maybelline. It comes in various colours and scents. I would recommend you use intense care (the yellow tube) as I think it is the most moisturising. You can get it online and in boots ect. Hope this helped
Charcoal
I'm on painkillers so my lips are often painfully cracked/bleeding.

Dark blue nivea one is perfect for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending