Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you look down on people who are far less intelligent or lack sense?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by its too easy)
    I look down on people who attempt to look down on others.
    This :congrats:.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking down on stupid people is ridiculous. We don't choose our own intelligence. It's like saying you look down on people born into poor families. You can't take credit for your own education either; was it your doing that you had the right incentives to become educated? I'm willing to bet that if you like education then you come from a household that owns books (that is the best predictor of academic success that we have). Myself, I just like to educate myself - it's enjoyable. Did I choose to find it enjoyable? No. I'm just lucky to do so. Not everyone likes educating themselves - did they choose to not find it enjoyable? No.

There's no way to legitimately take credit for either your intelligence or your interest in education. You made your decisions based on your best judgement just like everyone else. Some people are lucky and it leads them to academic success, others aren't or have have a different type of luck and it leads them elsewhere.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3nTr0pY)
    Those can be surprisingly tricky (integrating factors are an irritation).

There's more shame in not being able to solve a second order one.
    loool I loved integrating factors. They were just so elegant. But substitution was just the best =D
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Unique Bloke)
    Oh my god You again ??? You are clearly a troll , so your posts are just negligible , you have the weirdest ideologies and i am afraid no one here wants any stupid ideas from you. Change your mindset , or you wont last long in this world.
    1. No one purposely wants to be stupid
    2. It is advisable to learn the language of the place you live in , but is in no way compulsory
    3. Are you serious??
    4. I have less social skills , how does that affect you?? Not everybody has to talk to fit in to this world

Be gone your attitude sickens me.

WE ALL COLLECTIVELY LOOK DOWN ON YOU. trust me i have asked everyone.
    1. Have you ever walked into a school? Have you never seen over half of the school failing on purpose to get into the 'in' crowd who idolise failure?

2. If you went to live in a different country for life, you wouldn't bother to learn the language? You'd just assume everyone else would be fine with trying to de-construct everything you say to the point of madness?

3. Have you never walked through the streets of London littered with fat tourists and fat English people? Have you never seen fat people walk into fast food restaurants so they can get even fatter?

4. It affects me because if I need to talk to you in real life I'd rather it run smoothly than the conversation being broken and awkward.

Yeah, you asked all the one million members of this site if they look down on me didn't you?

I'm obviously going to leave this site because you tell me to 'be gone', because your powers of being able to vanquish me sitting behind a screen are infallible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyteryder)
    1. Have you ever walked into a school? Have you never seen over half of the school failing on purpose to get into the 'in' crowd who idolise failure?

2. If you went to live in a different country for life you wouldn't bother to learn the language and just assume everyone else will be fine with trying to de-construct everything you say?

3. Have you never walked through the streets of london littered with fat tourists and fat english people? Have you never seen fat people walk into fat food restaurants?

4. It affects me because if i need to talk to you in real life i'd rather it run smoothly than the conversation being broken and awkward.

Yeah, you asked all the one million members on this site if they look down on me didn't you?

I'm obviously going to leave this site because you tell me to 'be gone', because your powers of being able to vanquish me sitting behind a screen are infallible.
    attention ^ do not feed troll
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyteryder)
    I look down on people who are, in no order:

1. Incredibly stupid and/or uneducated through their own fault.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

4. Have no social skills and have no idea what to say to people.

Anyone else share these views?
    zzz
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Unique Bloke)
    attention ^ do not feed troll
    So no response because you're too stupid to try and counter any of the logical points I just made? You're not a 'unique bloke'; you're a mindless drone of society who lollops along with whatever comes their way because it's easy to do so without using your own mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So no response because you're too stupid to try and counter any of the logical points I just made? You're not a 'unique bloke'; you're a mindless drone of society who lollops along with whatever comes their way because it's easy to do so without using your own mind.
    You know , i would love to counter it , but to counter something there has to be something. You mindset is itself a great blot on society , there is no need to counter argue points which are not worth taking a second look at. :cool:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this is a social network/forum, you need social skills to be able to get along with people on here and not mindlessly start arguments. Ever thought about that, OP?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The irony of looking down on people with no "social skills" and being on the student room
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't look down on anyone. It makes you a bit of a prick to be honest.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    ..I wouldn't say I look down on people ..because that's snobbish and not everyone is extremely clever...but people that don't know simple things...e.g. sometimes I watch the only way is Essex and they don't know how to spell simple words like 'becaue'...I don't look down on them but I think 'omg are they for real ..or just acting for the cameras...'

I look down on racists and paedos etc...but obv everyone does ...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I look down on the OP. Stuck-up waste man. Why do you think your superior than them? Idiot!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    1) I don't think stupid people are less worthy of my time or do not deserve to be treated with respect so I wouldn't say I look down on them. I do think my opinion on things is more valuable than theirs though.

2) I have never met someone who doesn't speak English and was born in the UK. I don't mind if people use bad English because mine is not great as long as I know what they mean.

3) If people want to be fat that is up to them it doesn't make any difference to me. I don't see myself as better, I just think our preferences and bodies are different. If people value eating food more than being thin, that is their choice.

4) Social skills can mean a lot of stuff. I don't mind if people are shy but when people come across as rude and disrepectful to others I look down on that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I look down on people who are, in no order:

1. Incredibly stupid and/or uneducated through their own fault.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

4. Have no social skills and have no idea what to say to people.

Anyone else share these views?
    I look down on liars and hypocrites. As you clearly have no social skills!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I even open and read these kinds of threads. They're just depressing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by its too easy)
    I look down on people who attempt to look down on others. They are clearly insecure, and must put into words their insecurities, as above.

Of course, they lack internal motivation, and can only maintain mental balance through the downgrading and categorisation of others.

An unhealthy outlook in life, they can be easy to spot, whether they suffer a great deal, or those who simply troll.

PS: Comma splice FTW
    But you attempt to look down on others, so you look down on yourself?

You look down on insecure people who lack motivation.

EDIT: Just seen it's already been pointed out. My bad.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Ern McCracken)
    I don't know why I even open and read these kinds of threads. They're just depressing.
    I do this all the time. I think it's just to gauge the idiocy of the people who make these kind of threads.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No because they are likely able to kick my in arse in something else....

If you do look down on others simply because they are dumb then if everyone used this reasoning then you, everyone on tsr, and most of the planet are a bunch of dumbasses because I can guarantee you won't be the most intelligent being on the planet...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go sit on the naughty step.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.