The Student Room Group

Do you look down on people who are far less intelligent or lack sense?

I look down on people who are, in no order:

1. Incredibly stupid and/or uneducated through their own fault.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

4. Have no social skills and have no idea what to say to people.

Anyone else share these views?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I look down on people who attempt to look down on others. They are clearly insecure, and must put into words their insecurities, as above.

Of course, they lack internal motivation, and can only maintain mental balance through the downgrading and categorisation of others.

An unhealthy outlook in life, they can be easy to spot, whether they suffer a great deal, or those who simply troll.

PS: Comma splice FTW
I look down on people who give in to their primaeval instincts to hate, without taking the time to understand why people are how they are.

The people you describe may be like that through their own laziness, or they may not be. However, if you were a superior being you would not look down on them.
I don't understand why quality 4 is something that should be looked down on.
Reply 4
I care that people don't seek to educate themselves about the world, and class this lack of desire for knowledge as being stupid and, in some ways, immoral.

I would like to know how many people "don't care about being fat because they think it's natural", however, if these people do actually exist (that is, you've not made that up), then yes, one should pity them and seek to educate them.

Social skills are not to be judged; people may be introverted, autistic, or may just not like people. You cannot 'look down' on somebody because they are not a loud-mouthed, self-important charlatan.
Reply 5
No. I would attempt to help them if I can.
Reply 6
Original post by its too easy
I look down on people who attempt to look down on others.

Have you any idea what you just said there? You said you look down on people who attempt to look down on others; you look down on people so you've called yourself insecure and stated you lack motivation. You are clearly intellectually challenged.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
I look down on intolerant people. Those who are too eager to judge others, and it's always a scathing review if the individual hasn't done enough of a song and dance to win their approval, or they're not enough like themselves. Stop being so ignorant and arrogant. Unfortunately a lot of people are like this.

"Oooh, I don't liiike them."

And what?
Original post by Flyteryder
Have you any idea what you just said there? You are clearly intellectually challenged.

Odd, I never noticed.... :facepalm:
Reply 9
I look down on people who are very short.
Reply 10
You sound a lovely and not at all judgemental person...
I agree and I do....

Even intelligent people, if someone smart says something dumb or lacks common sense then I'm going to let them know.
Have you any idea what you just said there? You said you look down on people who attempt to look down on others; you look down on people so you've called yourself insecure and stated you lack motivation. You are clearly intellectually challenged.

Seriously, you walked right into that one. Nice try anyway.
Reply 13
loool I do. I look in disbelief and say...'You can't even solve a first order linear differential equation?" =O
I get annoyed at people who lack common sense and fat people. Uneducated or unintelligent people mostly can't help the circumstances they find themselves in. The majority of fat people are just fat because they eat too much and move too little, not because of slow metabolism or whatever, just another excuse not to get to a healthy along with the bull**** "I'm happy being fat" excuse.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

1. How can you ascertain that? People more stupid than me tend to be better looking, anyway.

2. Nobody has been in the UK all their lives and doesn't know English. If you have difficulty getting through an accent, it's your problem most likely.

3. You are incredibly judgmental. It's not your business if somebody else is fat, you have no idea what the underlying cause could be. And by the way, it's not your place to ask, so don't you dare.

4. Basically what I said about 3 applies to 4 as well.
Reply 16
Original post by its too easy
Seriously, you walked right into that one. Nice try anyway.

Nice try to deflect your stupidity. Better luck next time.
Reply 17
Original post by Cephalus
loool I do. I look in disbelief and say...'You can't even solve a first order linear differential equation?" =O

Those can be surprisingly tricky (integrating factors are an irritation).

There's more shame in not being able to solve a second order one. :wink:
Reply 18
Damn, number four hit me like wrecking ball...let me clone myself so I can look down on myself - oh wait, I now have a dilemma in my hands. I think I'd be better off not looking down on people; it's especially difficult if the other person is taller than me.

Oh my god You again ??? You are clearly a troll , so your posts are just negligible , you have the weirdest ideologies and i am afraid no one here wants any stupid ideas from you. Change your mindset , or you wont last long in this world.
1. No one purposely wants to be stupid
2. It is advisable to learn the language of the place you live in , but is in no way compulsory
3. Are you serious??
4. I have less social skills , how does that affect you??

Be gone your attitude sickens me.

WE ALL COLLECTIVELY LOOK DOWN ON YOU. trust me i have asked everyone.
Infact i think you should look down on yourself too.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending