The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Atlantic Point LJMU September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
Ohh Join the Facebook 'LJMU Atlantic Point' group. I think I've seen people from your flat post there :smile:

Good luck

Woo! :O I'll go have a look now :P Thanks :biggrin: Are you in AP too? :biggrin:
Liverpool
Yes think im staying at Atlantic Point too! Only applied last week for it tho, left it late!lol
Original post by donalmccarthy9
Yes think im staying at Atlantic Point too! Only applied last week for it tho, left it late!lol

Haha! that is leaving it pretty late :P What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by ChantelleWaite
Woo! :O I'll go have a look now :P Thanks :biggrin: Are you in AP too? :biggrin:

I am :smile: flat 123

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kitch93
Hey just to let you know I am also studying biochem and staying in atlantic point, so it may be an added bonus :smile:

Ahh wow sorry I've not been posting on here I didn't know this thread was still going. Excited for September I've not met anyone else doing Biochemistry I was starting to think I was a Billy. :smile: As far as Atlantic point goes I'm in flat 98 still not spoke to any of my flat mates. Have you joined the Atlantic Point Facebook group? Would be sweet to get to know some of our course mates before we start, take a bit of the edge off the first day awkwardness......
Original post by RebeccaCrawshaw
Hi,
I'm starting at John Moores this year too, also doing Biochemistry and also living in Atlantic point.... thought i'd say hi so at least we both know someone if it goes a bit pear shaped with the nutty flatmates :tongue:

Ahh wow another person doing Biochemistry. Sorry for not replying I didn't even know this thread was still going. There's another person on this thread I just quoted doing Biochemistry, getting excited :smile: Have you joined the AP group on facebook? As i said to our other course mate would be great to get to know you guys before September, take the edge of the first day and all that :P
Haha! that is leaving it pretty late :P What are you studying? :smile:

Tell me about it!haha
I got accepted for Marketing but thinking of changing to Surveying!
Wbu? :-)
Tell me about it!haha
I got accepted for Marketing but thinking of changing to Surveying!
Wbu? :-)

Oooh, what'll you do? Reject it then go through clearing etc? Or just ask to change course? :L But I'm in for Biochemistry :biggrin: So excited! Is this your first year? :smile:
Reply 48
Oooh, what'll you do? Reject it then go through clearing etc? Or just ask to change course? :L But I'm in for Biochemistry :biggrin: So excited! Is this your first year? :smile:

oh god I swear no one is doing my course :lol:

Ps now that I'm on my laptop: https://www.facebook.com/groups/201799199927495/ :h:

It's a lot of scrolling but you'll find the people you're living with! :biggrin:

Yeh well thats the plan to change it first thing 2marro morning so hopefully ill be grand! Happy days sounds good! Yep 1st year! :smile: Your 1st year too yea?
Original post by Doctor.
oh god I swear no one is doing my course :lol:

Ps now that I'm on my laptop: https://www.facebook.com/groups/201799199927495/ :h:

It's a lot of scrolling but you'll find the people you're living with! :biggrin:

Haha! Thank you! I looked for it before but I couldnt find the page D:, i found the refurbishment page but nothing else :L and awhh why what are you doing? :')
Yeh well thats the plan to change it first thing 2marro morning so hopefully ill be grand! Happy days sounds good! Yep 1st year! :smile: Your 1st year too yea?

Yupp! :biggrin: Awhh I hope it all works out for you! :') Good luck :P
Reply 52
Haha! Thank you! I looked for it before but I couldnt find the page D:, i found the refurbishment page but nothing else :L and awhh why what are you doing? :')

Pharmacy but I've been accepted to another course as well at a different uni so I have no idea what's going on :lol:. I will have to wait for tomorrow/today to find it all out :smile:
Original post by MartinJoeyClark
Ahh wow another person doing Biochemistry. Sorry for not replying I didn't even know this thread was still going. There's another person on this thread I just quoted doing Biochemistry, getting excited :smile: Have you joined the AP group on facebook? As i said to our other course mate would be great to get to know you guys before September, take the edge of the first day and all that :P

Its alright, i've only just started an account with student room so im pretty lost... I know! I've quoted them too, the class number seems to be small so I think we will all get to know each other anyway :smile: nah I havent havent yet, but i'll join now! when are you moving in? I'm not sure about when....
Original post by RebeccaCrawshaw
Its alright, i've only just started an account with student room so im pretty lost... I know! I've quoted them too, the class number seems to be small so I think we will all get to know each other anyway :smile: nah I havent havent yet, but i'll join now! when are you moving in? I'm not sure about when....

Yeah when I went to the open day at LJMU they said Biochemistry runs side by side with Biomedical Science but the Biochemistry course is less popular for some reason. I chose Biochemistry over Biomed. because it has more postgrad. opportunities :smile: I'm probably going to move in on the 8th of September get the most of my money :P plus it's a Saturday so I'm sure everyone moving in will be keen for going out. Well I'm on the facebook group anyway still not met anyone from my flat yet though.......
Yeah when I went to the open day at LJMU they said Biochemistry runs side by side with Biomedical Science but the Biochemistry course is less popular for some reason. I chose Biochemistry over Biomed. because it has more postgrad. opportunities :smile: I'm probably going to move in on the 8th of September get the most of my money :P plus it's a Saturday so I'm sure everyone moving in will be keen for going out. Well I'm on the facebook group anyway still not met anyone from my flat yet though.......

haha I'll move in on the 8th then! can't miss a night out. Well I came through clearing to LJM, I was doing Pharmacy before so Biochem is pretty similar :tongue: I dont know my flat number yet! got no info about anything yet, so im a bit apprehensive haha. I've just joined the facebook group thing, where did you get your wristband from?
Reply 56

Theres some differences with Biomed/Biochem - mainly the biomed covers more disciplines as core modules and the ability to change Biomed to Applied and get 1000 hrs lab exp (unless biochem can do that too??)
Year 1
Core modules:

Skills for Biomolecular Science
Biochemical and Cellular Biology
Chemical Life Processes
Human Physiology and Genetics
Microbiology
Year 2
Core modules:

Immunity and Infection
Skills for Biomolecular Scientists 2
Medical and Molecular Biology
Molecular Bioscience
Option modules including:

Histology and Drug Effects
Blood, Nerves and Hormones
Microbiology
Year 3 sandwich degree:

Year-long placement
Year 3 and 4 for sandwich degree students
Core modules:

Honours Project
Advanced Molecular Biosciences
Option modules including:

Clinical Genetics and Cancer
Advanced Immunity and Infection
Xenobiotics

BIOMED:

Year 1
Core modules:

Skills for Biomolecular Scientists
Issues in Biomedical Science with Microbiology
Fundaments of Molecular Bioscience
Chemical Life Processes
Biomedical Science module:

Human Physiology and Genetics
Applied Biomedical Science module:

Physiology and Hospital Laboratory Practice 1
Year 2
Core modules:

Immunity and Infection
Blood Nerves and Hormones
Medical and Molecular Biochemistry
Histology and Drug Effects
Biomedical Science module
Skills for Biomolecular Scientists 2
Applied Biomedical Science module
Hospital Laboratory Practice 2
Year 3 sandwich degree:

Year-long placement
Year 3 and 4 sandwich degree students
Core modules:

Honours project
Laboratory Investigation of Disease A
Laboratory Investigation of Disease B
Medical Genetics
Biomedical Science option modules

Cancer: Bench to Bedside
Advanced Immunity and Infection
Xenobiobiotics
Applied Biomedical Science module

Hospital Laboratory Practice 3
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, I stayed in Atlantic Point last year. It was great! Its a brilliant location if you're in the byrom street campus as I was. But they can be a bit slow with repairs etc. Also don't get your hopes up for a refurbished flat, they're only doing up a couple of blocks if that!
Reply 58
Original post by lottewoodruffe
Hi, I stayed in Atlantic Point last year. It was great! Its a brilliant location if you're in the byrom street campus as I was. But they can be a bit slow with repairs etc. Also don't get your hopes up for a refurbished flat, they're only doing up a couple of blocks if that!

They're all being refurbished. Afaik everyone will be moved to one, some are already completed others will move around 2/3 weeks after enrollment.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.410268019034047.93033.392693170791532&type=1

These are the refurbed for any one interested. They look so nice!
Reply 59
Original post by Kittencat
They're all being refurbished. Afaik everyone will be moved to one, some are already completed others will move around 2/3 weeks after enrollment.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.410268019034047.93033.392693170791532&type=1

These are the refurbed for any one interested. They look so nice!

The refurbs look AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending