The Student Room Group

2 people going through clearing together?

I have a conditional place at uni as does my boyfriend. But he doesn't think he'll get the grades and will have to go through clearing. I don't want to go to the uni that I've chose so clearing is looking like an option for me too. How hard would it be to both go through clearing to the same place? I don't really know how clearing works but I can imagine it being quit stressful/we'd have to be on the phone at the same time, however I really want to be at the same university as him. Ps I don't need anyone telling me that uni is an individual choice etc, I won't go anywhere I don't want to. Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
Well, you could be on the phone at the same time but you certainly wouldn't be on the same phone. Just to check, you do know that even if you want to go to the same university as each other you still have to sort it out as an individual - you can't phone up and explain that you both want to go there so are sorting it out as a couple. :lolwut:

Just phone whichever university you both choose separately and find out if they have a course you want to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Haha yeah I know that :smile: I just wasn't sure how clearing worked. Do they offer you a few places (if they have any) and you get to decide or do you have to say there and then? Also, if I enquire through clearing will I still have my place at the uni I've already accepted or not?
Original post by toby123
Haha yeah I know that :smile: I just wasn't sure how clearing worked. Do they offer you a few places (if they have any) and you get to decide or do you have to say there and then? Also, if I enquire through clearing will I still have my place at the uni I've already accepted or not?

A single university is only likely to offer you one place. However, you can collect offers from different universities and then decide which one you want to accept. Be mindful that each university will set their own 'reply by' deadline. Even if you are happy with just the one offer, you still won't have to say there and then on the phone. In fact, assuming it's the same as the previous years, you can't even add your Clearing choice on Track until 6pm on results day.

You can try to enquire without entering Clearing, but you're likely to get nowhere and you'll need to have got your university to release you before you can do anything officially. Getting released on results day can take a while (several days isn't unusual, a fortnight is possible if not likely), so if you're sure you want to go down this path it's best to get rejected beforehand ... but of course, this carries the risk of you getting nothing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
God this is stressful :frown: but thanks for the advice and information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending