The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Physics at Birmingham

I've been looking at the University of Birmingham's physics courses but I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to do Particle Physics & Cosmology or Physics & Astrophysics. If I applied to, say, the first one, got accepted and went off to study it next year, what possibility would there be to switch to the other course if I changed my mind? Are unis pretty flexible with changing your course within a subject (i.e. from particle physics to astrophysics, etc.) or not?
First year is generally the same or very similar between different physics degrees so you can usually change any time before second year. I'd email someone at Birmingham and ask to check though.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
You can change those parts of the course, there is a cutoff date usually somepoint through term. As the topics you do aren't majorly different - Know this in second year.
Reply 3
First year is usually pretty much the same. Phone and ask.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies. I've emailed the Physics department and you're right in that I can change.

Thanks again. :smile:
I was wondering for Physics if I could get in with AAA UCAS predicted grades after that C1 exam
Reply 6
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending