The Student Room Group

HELP I have been given £0 for my NHS Bursary?!

deleted
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by daisy_1
I've just received my confirmation back from NHS Bursaries with my breakdown from what i'm likely to receive.

It says basic award £0! and non-means tested grant £1000!

I'm basically freaking out, something has definitely gone wrong here. I gave them my mothers income, which is around £18k a year, and for second parent I didn't put anything because my father is dead and it said step-parents income doesn't count. I have a feeling that it has gone wrong here?

Any advice,??!

You should have stated somewhere in the application that your father has passed away, and you then would have been asked to provide his death certificate as evidence. I know it's not a nice thing to have to send, but leaving it blank may have caused them to think you were withholding information. To be sure that this was the reason, you would do best to call them.
Reply 3
They may have just made a mistake. When I first applied I was told my bursary would be £345 a year - but they had forgotten to take into account my mortgage!! And the salary they had for my partner was completely wrong.
Give them a call, I've always found them to be really helpful and pleasant on the phone.

Quick Reply

Latest