The Student Room Group

UK customs 'ignore drug suspects to beat Olympic queues'

Reply 1
I really don't understand why they didn't properly prepare for all these things along time ago it's not exactly a suprise that a huge number of people will be arriving at our airports yet we seem to have just forgotten to prepare for almost everything and are in a rush to do everything at the last minute.

The people in charge of the organisation of the olympics should be fired the women David Cameron appointed at Olympics minister should be the first out the door, G4S should be made to give every penny back plus 25% interest and should never be trusted to provide majory security again.
Reply 2
What the hell is wrong with this country? We've got record unemployment and both customs and g4s cant manage to get enough staff to do the jobs properly after all the time theyve had to plan. Did nobody foresee that lots of people would be coming to heathrow? A country that one organised a quarter of the world now cant organise a busy airport. Absolute disgrace.
Reply 3
what a shame, we really should be encouraging home grown drugs rather then cheap foreign exports.
Reply 4
Original post by Shabalala
I really don't understand why they didn't properly prepare for all these things along time ago it's not exactly a suprise that a huge number of people will be arriving at our airports yet we seem to have just forgotten to prepare for almost everything and are in a rush to do everything at the last minute.

The people in charge of the organisation of the olympics should be fired the women David Cameron appointed at Olympics minister should be the first out the door, G4S should be made to give every penny back plus 25% interest and should never be trusted to provide majory security again.

To be fair.... this is customs. It has nothing to do with Locog , Tessa Jowell or G4S. It is a problem with HMRC.

LOCOG does the Olympics. G4S does security. HMRC does customs.
Reply 5
Original post by Lord Jon
To be fair.... this is customs. It has nothing to do with Locog , Tessa Jowell or G4S. It is a problem with HMRC.

LOCOG does the Olympics. G4S does security. HMRC does customs.

I'm talking in general about all the cock ups that have happened and Tessa Jowell should have been on top of everything making sure everything was prepared she has failed to do that and should be sacked.
Reply 6
So so far weve had the g4s fiasco, mixed up the flags of two mortal enemies and now this. Its going to be a total disaster. We'll all probably be glad of the drugs by the end of it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Shabalala
I'm talking in general about all the cock ups that have happened and Tessa Jowell should have been on top of everything making sure everything was prepared she has failed to do that and should be sacked.

Oh right. I see.

TBH I didn't even know TJ was still Olympics Minister :lolwut: :holmes:
Reply 8
Original post by Lord Jon
Oh right. I see.

TBH I didn't even know TJ was still Olympics Minister :lolwut: :holmes:

I couldn't remember who the Olympics minister was I just read your post and assumed she was the olympics minister :colondollar: it turns out it's Jeremy Hunt so sack him he deserves it after his protection of the Murdoch's which is just corruption and greed which he should have been sacked for anyway.
Sorry about this guys, but I've ordered in bulk so hopefully there shouldn't be any drug smuggling for a while.
Reply 10
Original post by unclej
what a shame, we really should be encouraging home grown drugs rather then cheap foreign exports.

Yes
Reply 11
Hopefully the price of drugs should go down a bit :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest