The Student Room Group

The Opening Ceremony

Scroll to see replies

whoah first event at 9am 2morrorow
It would be an awesome Doctor Who reference if they get David Tenant to light the cauldron
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 82
the Muse song sounds so much like Queen. I think it's alright, it serves its purpose.

It probably wouldn't appeal to everyone if it was like another normal Muse single.
I'm getting quite excited :biggrin:
Reply 84
Is there anywhere to stream the opening ceremony other than on iPlayer? It's kind of laggy. :s-smilie:
I think you underestimate the international popularity of Dr Who
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL07e_xjvp0

This is what I was referring to, not just a random DW reference.
Reply 87
Have heard from an inside source that the olympic torch will not be lit by a person, but rather by a 'contraption' of sorts, akin to the archer at Barcelona '92.
delete as there is already a thread- did not realise
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Be patient and wait to see it properly before criticising.
Just looked at a few clips of the opening ceremony- how awful is it?!

Beijing was AMAZING! RIO 2016 will be just as GREAT!

The clips of London Opening Ceremony - embarrassing the nation again! Can London do nothing but humiliate the good name of GB?!
(edited 11 years ago)
The clips are a small part and do not do the ceremony justice (I was at one of the rehearsals).
Reply 92
I thought from the clips it looked quite good! :colondollar: ( apart from the people jumping on beds) I was slightly skeptical too- I mean after Beijing, we'd have a tough act to follow. But I think it will be good- it cost London like £400 million so it better be anyway!
Original post by jojayne
I thought from the clips it looked quite good! :colondollar: ( apart from the people jumping on beds) I was slightly skeptical too- I mean after Beijing, we'd have a tough act to follow. But I think it will be good- it cost London like £400 million so it better be anyway!

Beijing se tthe bar so high! Generations will replay it over and over again.

This is bad.

£400 Million- :eek::eek::eek::eek: Now we know why hospitals won't get the funding they deserve?!
Original post by The_Male_Melons

This is bad.

£400 Million- :eek::eek::eek::eek: Now we know why hospitals won't get the funding they deserve?!

The whole Olympics cost 9bn. Think how well that would do the NHS!
didnt really feel excited about the games until i got up this morning :colondollar: cant wait now :excited: fingers crossed the opening ceremony goes smoothly :p:
Original post by insignificant
The whole Olympics cost 9bn. Think how well that would do the NHS!

£9 Billion- have we even got money like that?

NHS- needs more money. I think it is disgraceful how hospices do not have proper funding. £9 billion could do a lot.
Reply 97
This. No matter what happens, someone will find reason to moan.

"They gave us all a million pounds!"
'Yeah, but 2 million would have been better...'
Reply 98
Original post by The_Male_Melons

I don't know about you, but I haven't replayed it once in 4 years.
Nope! Whilst most people are feeling the pinch (or far worse, starvation (homelessness on the increase)) we will not see the benefits that these Games will supposedly bring!

Quick Reply

Latest